Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Users of OrangeCD: Satisfied or not??

Default What's occurring: anything Andrei?

Quote Originally Posted by Jefki View Post
    It seems that the orangecd program has been definitely abandoned. No updates in almost a year, no news and from what I saw, no announcement of future plans. it looks like it's time to find a replacement. Does anyone has any suggestions for some recent program, reliable, and have effective maintenance? I Dont feel confortable adding more and more cds in a outdated program wich database could be incompatible ou inacessible in some future windows version.
    Andrei? Any news on current situation please?

I'm pretty much on ronaldg's side on this, though I recognize the concern expressed by Jefki for future releases of Windows - but then I worry about that for every program I use. For me one of the pluses of OCD is the ability to modify the display by creating and editing the dax files, though I recognize that not everyone is interested in doing that - but OCD is more user modifiable than most programs - even for non-programmers - through the preferences. In particular, I have been able to designed quite different displays for classical music and for jazz.

I still use programs that haven't been modified in a decade or more (though without DOSBox, Windows 7 would have done in some of them).

There are still a few glitches in OCD - primarily in displays - but I have trouble identifying anything really substantive that needs attention.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldg View Post
    That's like saying your not going to use a hammer anymore because there isn't any new design coming. OCD is like a hammer ......it just works. Go ahead try to find something better.
    Agree 100% with ronaldg...

I still didn't find anything better.. and honestly I don't have the need to...
    the fact that OCD is higly costomizable (from beginners to advanced users) make this program living on its own...

Frankly speaking, I need multiplatform OCD. I Use Windows 7, MacOS and iOS. There are applications which do work on all this platforms but they are very weak. Anything about such an application?

Not going to ditch OCD, but am impressed with Music Collectorz v 16 and the capability to direct upload to i-devices apps. Frankly I want that! Not that bothered re cloud storage, as your database entries need to match theirs to show all your own personalised info. But it's pretty good - unlimited user-created fields, and being able to re-name all default fields is a big plus. Andrei? x

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWERS View Post
    am impressed with Music Collectorz v 16 and the capability to direct upload to i-devices apps x
    But how to import data from OCD to MC? Nothing happens with OCD and I thought to move to MC but moving 2k CDs manually is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by imcp View Post
    But how to import data from OCD to MC? Nothing happens with OCD and I thought to move to MC but moving 2k CDs manually is pointless.
    Back in February, tearaway posted that he was working on a tool to do this and gave this URL:

https://github.com/tgschulte/OrangeCdToCollectorz

Comments there indicate that he succeeded in doing so. If it works for you, it would be good to hear about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_North View Post
    Back in February, tearaway posted that he was working on a tool to do this and gave this URL:

https://github.com/tgschulte/OrangeCdToCollectorz

Comments there indicate that he succeeded in doing so. If it works for you, it would be good to hear about it.

It looks complicated but I will try soon and I will write about it