Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Users of OrangeCD: Satisfied or not??

Default Users of OrangeCD: Satisfied or not??

Hello:
    I'm new to this forum and found it in the course of trying to buy the OrangeCD Catalog program.

But when I read this forum I see large numbers of problems encountered by users; is this a "mature" software program or is it in it's development stages, with the accompanying growing pains?

What CD cataloging software would you recommend? there are lots and I'm not sure now where to put my $30-$60.

And how does the Racks and Tags software download work? does it work well even though it's basic? or what? (I haven't been able to download it to try it, because their registration system for new users is screwed up and won't log me in.) As far as I can see, it's free, right?

Thanks very much.

Rick

I consider myself very satisfied with the program. However, I will still ask for features from time to time. I'm not sure if that's what you mean, perhaps you could cite some specific threads. I can't recall any time the program has crashed on me, which I regard as a deadly bug. I think once I managed to corrupt my database, I don't remember how because it has been a long time. I ultimately had to restore from a backup and lost a bit of work. But I've been using the program since 2004 or so without serious problems.

Default No problems

I have never had any problems with Orange that weren't my own fault. One of the reasons you see so many requests for new features is that Orange is a very expandable program and Andrei has responded positively to so many requests, users feel free to ask for almost anything (as I have). I occasionally check out other music cataloguing programs and have not found anything as rich as Orange. The ability to design my own display format is important to me and I am constantly finding new things I can do with it. I even find it works better with classical music cds than several programs claiming to be designed especially for classical music.

Of course, there are some tweaks to Orange I would like to see, but I have a much longer list with Excel and no one in Redmond, Washington, pays any attention to them.

Default Satisfied?

I am not real happy with the track search, I have a lot of groups that have done the same song and for whatever reason Orangecd sometimes it will not find any of the tracks even if you have an artist open showing the track (This seems to happen if Orangecd has been running for a peroid of time) and sometimes it works perfect, so I have pretty much giving up on using it for track search (which was one of the important features to me) I don't know if there are any better programs out there but I wish that I would looked at other programs before I purchased this one, as far as Racks & Tags it works ok, but sometimes things don't match what you have in OrangeCd data base soI just perfer to back the Orangecd data base and album covers on a flash drive, That way I now that the Imformation and albums covers are the same,

Default Satisfied

Simply the best software for that kind of thing. Believe me i've tried it all
    Last edited by gouletjo; 05-26-2009 at 04:47 AM.

Default ofc satisfied

I also have tried countless other software. I havent found any other music archive software that would be even compareable to this one.

Default Racks 'n' Tags

please bump
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmutt View Post
    And how does the Racks and Tags software download work? does it work well even though it's basic? or what? As far as I can see, it's free, right? (I haven't been able to download it to try it, because their registration system for new users is screwed up and won't log me in. their tech support also has not been very helpful, but .... oh well)

Thanks very much.

Rick

Very satisfied.

Very satisfied. The product is constantly being developed and the support is excellent.

Paddy

I have used this software for about 4 or maybe even 5 years now and have encountered small insignificant problems exactly one time { fonts on a previous upgrade }.
    Simply stated , this software is the best music collection software to have bar none.
    Many of the " problems " you will see on the forum are usually regarding future changes to the software as far as what people would like to be able to do with it and creatimg web sites with it. The software itself is quite remarkable and well worth every penny I have paid for it.

I can not sing its praises enough.

Regarding Racks and Tags, yes its free, after adding music to your collection, simply create a racks and tags user name and upload your collection. You then have your own web page for your friends to view.