Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Users of OrangeCD: Satisfied or not??

Default Very satisfied

I've been using it for several years and never had any issues. The developer is very accessible and always replied fairly quickly every question I ever asked him about the program.

Partly satisfied for now. However it's been six months since the last update and there are still things that doesn't work as intended + some bugs. If nothing is done in the near future I will move on to a different application!

Default Very Satisfied!

I have been using Orange CD Catalog since its infancy. I have made suggestions to Andrei and he has always responded. I have not found any other software out there that really does all that Orange does. I also love the ability to easily upload all of my information to Racks and Tags. I think that while there are some things that could be improved overall, I do realize that Andrei is just one man who is the brains behind the entire program. I'm sure he does find it overwhelming at times and that may lead to longer than desired times between new releases, but I am totally fine with that.

All in all, I feel that Orange is a high quality program with many amazing high end features. My kudos to Andrei for his great work!

Despite a few minor changes I'd like to implement (and...really... who doesn't have some of those on occasion LOL), for the most part, this software works like a charm, and it does what I need it to do...which is catalogue my media...and of course, as the mediums always change, there's always a need to add new formats (I nominate player piano rolls, 8-tracks, DVD's, Blu-Ray discs, 78's, laserdiscs, cereal box records, flexi-discs, reel to reel discs, Beta tapes, and Edison cylinders-didn't see those listed-but then again, I'm picky, I guess...). It's odd that they haven't been able to go above and beyond the MP3's, and that more people are returning to vinyl again, but I digress...

In any case, as long as there are new items to add (and I need not worry about running out), I am absolutely positive that I'll be using Orange CD well into the future!!!

Good work, Andrei!!!

Wink

OCD (Orange CD) is the perfect music organizer, even for those of us who have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)

No need to wait for Andrei to add new format names - as long they fit into the disc & track model. Format type names can be easily added by going to View -> Preferences -> Database
    Highlight Format, click on Edit and add whatever you wish

Of course there's no guarantee OCD or any program will read some of these formats directly - so manual addition might be required

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmaster View Post
    Despite a few minor changes I'd like to implement (and...really... who doesn't have some of those on occasion LOL), for the most part, this software works like a charm, and it does what I need it to do...which is catalogue my media...and of course, as the mediums always change, there's always a need to add new formats (I nominate player piano rolls, 8-tracks, DVD's, Blu-Ray discs, 78's, laserdiscs, cereal box records, flexi-discs, reel to reel discs, Beta tapes, and Edison cylinders-didn't see those listed-but then again, I'm picky, I guess...). It's odd that they haven't been able to go above and beyond the MP3's, and that more people are returning to vinyl again, but I digress...

In any case, as long as there are new items to add (and I need not worry about running out), I am absolutely positive that I'll be using Orange CD well into the future!!!

Good work, Andrei!!!

I love Orange CD. it has revolutionised my CD collecting, as well as allowing me to combine my music DVD collection as well. I have spent many happy hours cataloguing my collection, adding group website details, buying info etc. It is a never ending job, but one I really enjoy doing. If I could have one feature added it would be a "to play" tag, where you can flag up albums for future play. Of course this may already be possible and I just haven't found it, if so let me know! Anyway a great program, and one that has improved my enjoyment of my music collection. Thank you.

I have previously posted very positive reviews of this software. However, over the last 12 months or so, I feel that the developer become less and less interested in the development of this software.

We have recently had announcements about the un-useability of new functionality being announced by junior members of this forum, RATHER than the software developer himself!

We are getting fewer and fewer updates.

AND, the developers responses to customer queries in these forums have become less and less frequent (almost as if, "I have nothing to say about your needs/feedback, but now I have something to say"... which is a pretty poOr model for customer service).

So, "Users of OrangeCD: Satisfied or not??", well, some of us are become increasingly dissatisfied, although judging from recent feedback, this is likely to be of less interest to the developers than should be the case!

While I don't expect any positive response to these comments, I do hope that Andrei will be able to derive something positive from these words.

Since I only got about 6 months worth of use out of it before it crapped out on me AND due to the fact that its been 100% impossible to get it to work on my computer again, I'd say I'm VERY disappointed in the program. In terms of cost/benefit, its one of the single worst investments I've ever made, at least as it stands now. I loved it when it was working but a program that doesnt work isnt much worth singing the praises about, is it?

Well .... it looks as though this program is winding down to the end of its useful life, eh?

I suspect it's because there are so many freeware programs out there that do as good a job or better than this OrangeCD program.
    Or .... the developer has just lost interest or gone on to more lucrative endeavours.

It's too bad; it had a good following for a number of years, and even with it's tempermental nature it did a decent job.