Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: can't log in at Racks and tags; registration completed, but ... [FIXED]

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default can't log in at Racks and tags; registration completed, but ... [FIXED]

    anyone else experiencing not being able to log in to the racks and tags website?
    I've completed the registration process, verified my email address, requested & received a new password, yet still cannot log in.

    is there an issue at the moment???

    thanks.

  2. #2

    Default I'm having trouble too

    I've been registered for a couple of months, but when I tried to upload some new CD's today I kept getting an error message. When I tried to log on to Racks & Tags, I got a notice that the website is no longer available. Am I going to lose everything I've got posted on there (400+ albums)? If so, I am not going to be very happy.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imaclogger23 View Post
    I've been registered for a couple of months, but when I tried to upload some new CD's today I kept getting an error message. When I tried to log on to Racks & Tags, I got a notice that the website is no longer available. Am I going to lose everything I've got posted on there (400+ albums)? If so, I am not going to be very happy.
    Must have been temporary as I just got on with no problems.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default

    well, it seems this site has been abandoned by its creators;

    hope not too many sincere people lost their $$$.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    259

    Thumbs up

    There's nothing wrong with the "racksandtags" website.


    You must have the wrong address; click below:


    [url]http://www.racksandtags.com/[/url]

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmutt View Post
    well, it seems this site has been abandoned by its creators;

    hope not too many sincere people lost their $$$.
    Since I just said I had no trouble logging in why would you think it was abandoned?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,548

    Default

    I apologize for website downtime last Sunday and early Monday. This was result of human error (mine) and was caused by incorrect DNS records propagated up the chain. It took minutes to correct, but unfortunately, incorrect records were cached by various servers worldwide for up to 8 hours after incident.

    The website was alive all this time, but to some visitors (depending on geographical location) it looked like it was destroyed.

    That said, racksandtags.com is far from being abandoned and awaits feature update soon.

    Andrei

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default not abandoned, but ...... not working

    Well, it may be working for some, but not for me.
    I've been emailing tech support back-and-forth for several weeks and they can't give me an explanation. (cookie settings, etc. is about all they offer).

    Today I noticed that I CAN log in, using my friends computer. the major difference between our computers is IE browser version and Windows OS version:
    I have XPPro, she has Vista.
    I have IE8, she still has the older IE7.

    So ........... any suggestions?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_North View Post
    Since I just said I had no trouble logging in why would you think it was abandoned?
    Because it was not working and I had received no response to my email inquiries.
    You presented your experience and I was presenting mine; doesn't mean anyone is necessarily wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •