Thread: Suggestions

Default Suggestions

Racks and Tags is a great service!...thanks Andrei!

Over the past little while I have been just jotting some items down...not sure if they can be done but I just thought to post .... 8)

Thanks again for a great service!
    Dave
    [url]http://www.racksandtags.com/dyet/[/url]

1) I use [url]http://www.widgetbox.com/[/url] to plug in RSS feeds. Maybe Racks should have there own widgetbox?...

2)Putting the Racks and Tags "forum" link under the main navigation Artists~Albums~Songs~Friends~FORUM

3)When adding information or links about the artist is there anyway to apply it to the entire artist? For example, last week I added and artist Caravan - and added links and info...then last week
    I entered another album to Caravan but I have to add the artist info again??... is there anyway to apply the existing information to the artist or it automatically recognizes the artist info?

4)A drop-down box displaying a list of artists? Although, could be a bit dawnting if someone has thousands of artists ;(

5)Maybe on the Artists page there could be links to Flickr images, Youtube videos and WIkipedia that applies to the artist.
    Say, all you have to do is enter the URL in OrangeCD and when you upload to Racks it will put it on the correspnding artist page.???

6)Allow to set the number of lists; New Bookmarks, Just added... say 10 , 20 or 30.

7)When selecting "Artists" having the pictures beside the album would be ideal.

8)Maybe under the search drop-down you could add specific Genres.

9)Maybe an idea, is have a "mosiac" of album images on the front page that could have most recent added albums?

10)Having the ability to comment under the artist album , even a specific Racks and Tags user? Similiar to Youtube having the ability, to Block, Delete & approve comment?

11)Rate other people albums?

12)Have a Tag Cloud of genres?

Thank you for your suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by dyet View Post
    3)When adding information or links about the artist is there anyway to apply it to the entire artist? For example, last week I added and artist Caravan - and added links and info...then last week
    I entered another album to Caravan but I have to add the artist info again??... is there anyway to apply the existing information to the artist or it automatically recognizes the artist info?
    This kind of info should really go into Artist Profile. It is shared between all albums by specific artist.

4)A drop-down box displaying a list of artists? Although, could be a bit dawnting if someone has thousands of artists ;(
    You can use search box. It provides artist lookup list when you start typing.

Many of your other suggestions are already being addressed, watch out for site updates!

Andrei