Thread: Arranger in credits

Default Arranger in credits

Hi,

Many tracks have multiple composers. I've read some threads about that issue. But I can't find any solution for my problem. That problem is: there are all kinds of credit roles, but what to do if I miss one or more? For example, I would like to add an arranger to tracks. Many works are arrangements of existing works and I can't credit the arrangers. OK, I could make a custom field. Or type "arranger" by hand in the role field. But it would be more flexible if the role "arranger" could be added to the credit role list.
    It would be even nicer when it became possible to add roles as a user. Some other lists can be edited; why not the role list?

Default Arranger

You don't have to use just the roles on the pulldown. You can type in "Arranger". It will show up in the same place as any other Authors and performance credit. What you won't be able to do is to display cds by Arranger, as you can by composer, for example. I agree that it would be better to permit the addition of new roles both for credits and for musicians, but that doesn't prevent you from entering data for arrangers.

Quote Originally Posted by SAdrummer View Post
    Hi,

Many tracks have multiple composers. I've read some threads about that issue. But I can't find any solution for my problem. That problem is: there are all kinds of credit roles, but what to do if I miss one or more? For example, I would like to add an arranger to tracks. Many works are arrangements of existing works and I can't credit the arrangers. OK, I could make a custom field. Or type "arranger" by hand in the role field. But it would be more flexible if the role "arranger" could be added to the credit role list.
    It would be even nicer when it became possible to add roles as a user. Some other lists can be edited; why not the role list?