Thread: How To Save A Modified Custom CMI template ( export it, save it ? )

Default How To Save A Modified Custom CMI template ( export it, save it ? )

I use the CMI template and have modified or customized it depending on your point of view the way I want it to look on my site.

Every time I update my collection, I have to re-create the template due to the fact that when I select the Export button it defaults back to the original CMI template.

In other words, my customized colors, text sizes etc remain the same, but my header pictures, sidebars etc all disappear.

How can I save a modified and customized CMI template so that when I choose the Export button I will see My_Customized CMI template as a choice rather than the default CMI choice.?

I hope I have made myself clear.

I only know basic HTML and CSS so my techy terms may be wrong.

here is my site that I want to be able to re-create every time I update my catalog
    without having to completely re-customize the template.

Its a simple site I know, but its clean and does the job intended.

[url=http://harley.byethost33.com/] Harley's Music [/url]

Don't make changes in HTML pages after export - you will lose these changes every time you re-export!

Instead, make changes in template code (.DAX).

Start Template Editor from OrangeCD folder and load CMI template. Switch to Start page tab. You will see that it looks a lot like HTML code - and you should be able to add your header pictures and sidebars right into the template code (just like you would into HTML page).

Then make sure to save the template into a separate file, so you don't lose it when you re-download original CMI template.

Andrei

Thank you andrei! worked a charm!

I love your program and tell everyone about it.

great new forum too