Thread: Files for booklet

Default Files for booklet

An increasing number of companies are making digital booklets available for download along with the music, usually in pdf format. It would be very useful to be able to include a link to this booklet file in the OCD entry for the cd. The play function already makes use of such a link, and users can manually manipulate this through the browse function; the play function calls an mp3 player (iTunes, WinAmp, etc). Why couldn't there be a way for users to establish a similar link to a pdf file that calls Acrobat reader?

i was thinking about something like this too. i have a number of press downloads with PDF press kits. Some hard copy CDs also have PDF booklets available on the "enhanced" portion of the CD.

In fact i think a general "file attachments" feature would be useful. Some hard copy CDs have extra songs in MP3 format hidden in the enhanced portion of the CD, for instance. All that would be necessary is a field for description and a link to the location.

It's not at the top of my OCD wishlist, but i would welcome a file attachments feature.

I plan to implement multiple images per album soon. External images and file attachments will be allowed as well.

Andrei

Quote Originally Posted by andrei_c View Post
    I plan to implement multiple images per album soon. External images and file attachments will be allowed as well.

Andrei
    Excellent news. OCD just keeps getting better.