Thread: Search for tracks (and their credits)

Default Search for tracks (and their credits)

When searching for individual tracks you only get to see the artist & the corresponding album. not the actual track(s) itself. That is in the search result window.

I would like to SEE the actual individual tracks, not just artist & album but also the particular track/song. The search result view should include:

Artist - Album - Track

When I mark one of the results in that list I wish I could see (in an additional window) the credits for that track. In that way I can see what tracks that are missing the credits information, for example Composers.

I wish I could be able to select all the different tracks that are missing this (composer) information by mark a check box (in the search results).

By copying the credits/lyrics/notes information from ONE track I should be able to PASTE that information in to the one's that I have marked in the check box.

More to come

Default Re: Search for tracks (and their credits)

[quote=hardbop-man]When searching for individual tracks you only get to see the artist & the corresponding album. not the actual track(s) itself. That is in the search result window.

I would like to SEE the actual individual tracks, not just artist & album but also the particular track/song. The search result view should include:

Artist - Album - Track

When I mark one of the results in that list I wish I could see (in an additional window) the credits for that track. In that way I can see what tracks that are missing the credits information, for example Composers.

I wish I could be able to select all the different tracks that are missing this (composer) information by mark a check box (in the search results).

By copying the credits/lyrics/notes information from ONE track I should be able to PASTE that information in to the one's that I have marked in the check box.

More to come

The main issue isn't regarding the search facility (very bad topic description) ...

I agree with hardbop-man with the fact that the tract search needs to be greatly improved, It would really be nice to be able to customize the track search to your own preference, I also found that for what ever reason that OrangeCd will not show every track that has the same name no matter what search option you use.

I am having a little difficulty understanding what you want to do. It seems to me that you want to add the composer to all the tracks - whatever the cd - of the same song. Here's how I do that:

1. Under Query click advanced search
    2. Click the tracks tab on the advanced search entry box
    3. Choose track title from the Field pulldown
    4. Choose contains from the condition pull-down
    5. Type the key word(s) in the value box (say "jeep")
    6. Add to list
    7. Search

I get a list that has a number of columns that can be changed by right clicking on a column head (your choices then become the default). Left clicking on a column head sorts by that column. I can then highlight all the titles I want (shift or control clicking), say Jeep's Blues, then right click and choose properties and then enter "Duke Ellington - Johnny Hodges".

What do you want to do that this doesn't cover?
    [quote=hardbop-man]The main issue isn't regarding the search facility (very bad topic description) ...

Your example only makes sence if there's one composer.

I have entered all my composers by using the credits tab. There I can assign a separate line for all the individuals, wich is the way I favor btw.

If I would like to be picky and consistent, wich I am :-) I can't use the example that you have described. Why? Because that would mess up the look of it in two ways:

1st: A line/row with up to 6-7 names instead of having each and every individual on a separate line.
    2nd: They would end up under every track, instead of under credits.

Quote Originally Posted by hardbop-man
    Your example only makes sence if there's one composer.

I have entered all my composers by using the credits tab. There I can assign a separate line for all the individuals, wich is the way I favor btw.

If I would like to be picky and consistent, wich I am :-) I can't use the example that you have described. Why? Because that would mess up the look of it in two ways:

1st: A line/row with up to 6-7 names instead of having each and every individual on a separate line.
    2nd: They would end up under every track, instead of under credits.
    Well you can also go to the Credits tab and do this. But the difference between entering on the Credits tab and on the General tab is that the names entered on the General tab are available for "Browse by:" but those on the Credits tab aren't (though I suspect you think they should be).