Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Support for Windows 7& Internet Explorer 8 [FIXED]

Default Re: Support for Windows 7 & Internet Explorer

Thanks for testing! New version 6.2.8 is live and available for download. It fixes Windows 7 and IE8 compatibility problems, and has some cool new features as well.

Andrei

Hi, I wont start new topic, but I have a little problem in w7.
    I was no promted to enter registration details after I've installed OrangeCD, and still running in trial mode.
    There is another way to enter registration key?

version 6.2.8.13318 of OrangeCD.
    w7 x64 6.1.7000

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei
    Thanks for testing! New version 6.2.8 is live and available for download. It fixes Windows 7 and IE8 compatibility problems, and has some cool new features as well.

Andrei
    Thanks Andrei for the very fast response! This versoin did not give the dll error message and all is working as expected. Many thanks!

New release version [6.2.8] installed and is working perfectly with Win7 and IE8. Thanks Andrei you legend!

Will OrangeCD work with vista x64 ? Please let me know

Default OCD incompatible with Win7RTM/IE8?

I can't get OrangeCD (v.6.3.6.14015) to run properly under the 32-bit version of Windows 7 (RTM - build 7600)/IE8 v.8.0.7600.16385.

OCD either freezes during startup and will not respond at all, or the program takes forever to complete an operation, or it simply never completes the operation. For instance if I try changing the OCD theme (View | Preferences | Themes tab), the Themes tab never appears - not even if I leave the program running all night. The Task manager indicates that OCD is only using approx 2-3% CPU and 22MB RAM (out of a total of 3,0GB).

I've tried running the program under different compatibility modes, but with absolutely no hell at all.

If I move my OCD database to a different computer (but with identical hardware) running Windows XP, Orange CD works OK. Although I must admit that OCD has become quite a memory hog.

Does anyone else have similar experience?

-paul-

Default Same Problem...

Quote Originally Posted by pheisholt View Post
    I can't get OrangeCD (v.6.3.6.14015) to run properly under the 32-bit version of Windows 7 (RTM - build 7600)/IE8 v.8.0.7600.16385.

OCD either freezes during startup and will not respond at all, or the program takes forever to complete an operation, or it simply never completes the operation. For instance if I try changing the OCD theme (View | Preferences | Themes tab), the Themes tab never appears - not even if I leave the program running all night. The Task manager indicates that OCD is only using approx 2-3% CPU and 22MB RAM (out of a total of 3,0GB).

I've tried running the program under different compatibility modes, but with absolutely no hell at all.

If I move my OCD database to a different computer (but with identical hardware) running Windows XP, Orange CD works OK. Although I must admit that OCD has become quite a memory hog.

Does anyone else have similar experience?

-paul-
    I have the same problems as stated above after installing OrangeCD version 6.3.6.14015

Any fix for this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    I have the same problems as stated above after installing OrangeCD version 6.3.6.14015

Any fix for this yet?
    Please check if this KB article applies to your system:
    [url]http://www.firetongue.com/kb/kb:kb001[/url]

Default OCD and Norton AntiVirus/Symantec Endpoint Protection

Thanks, Andrei.

I'm actually not using Norton AntiVirus, but the same seems to apply to Symantec's corporate level equivalent: Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP).
    I followed this procedure:

1. Opened the SEP control panel
    2. Selected 'Change Settings'
    3. Clicked the 'Configure Settings' button (Antivirus and Antispyware Protection)
    4. Selected the 'File System Auto-Protect' tab
    5. Clicked the 'Centralized Exceptions' button
    6. Clicked the 'Add...' button
    7. Selected 'Security Risk Exceptions'
    8. Selected 'Folder'
    9. Entered the path and name of the OrangeCD database folder
    10. Clicked the 'Add' button
    11. Clicked the 'Close' button
    12. Clicked the 'OK' button

That seemed to do the trick.

I'm running Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) 11.0.4202.75 - just for the record.

-paul-

The same applied to me. I’m using Symantec End Point Protection.
    I configured the exceptions and everything seems to work fine with OrangeCD.
    Thanks.