Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support for Windows 7& Internet Explorer 8 [FIXED]

Default Support for Windows 7& Internet Explorer 8 [FIXED]

Hi

I have just installed OrangeCD in Windows 7 (32-Bit) and there seem to be a compatibility issue with the internal viewer/engine (it's based on IE right?)

I can install OCD and I can see every album in the left field but when I try to view the content of the album, I can't see anything!

Andrei, have you tried/played with Windows 7 and/or IE8?

Default Re: Support for Windows 7 & Internet Explorer

I have the same issue after I installed the latest build of IE8 on Vista. I'm very tempted to install windows 7 but not if orangecd doesn't work yet. I sent a message to support a couple of days ago but haven't heard back yet.

Same problem here. I'm running Windows 7 beta 1 but I get the feeling the real problem is IE8 since WilhelmStroker is having the problem in Vista. One thing I tried but sadly did not appear to work is to select "Display all websites in Compatibility View" mode within IE8 settings.

Andre, can you please help us IE8 users? I'm hoping the solution will be trivial. My other big hope is that our databases are not corrupt by launching OrangeCD with IE8 installed. If there is a chance of this can you please warn us against doing anything else silly to further damage our databases.

Thanks heaps and eagerly await your help.

Cheers,
    Dei

Yes, the problem lies in IE8 because when I reverted back to IE7, I was able to see all my albums again, so luckily there is no corruption in the database.

I am currently looking into IE8 compatibility problem. There is no solution yet, but I expect a new build will be released within 1-2 weeks that will fix it.

I can provide a link to a test build when it's available, so you could verify it works with your configuration as soon as possible. Let me know if you would like to try it.

Andrei

Awesome, yes, I would like to try a test build out as OrangeCD is currently the only app not working 100% on windows 7 and I miss it

I would DEFINITELY like to try a potentially IE8-friendly version. If I could I would uninstall IE8 but it's not really possible with Win7. Thanks!

Try to install this build and see if it fixes the problem. I've tested it with Windows 7 beta and it seems to work. It will be released to public next week.

[url]http://www.firetongue.com/support/orgcdfull_13317.exe[/url]

Andrei

Yes, that build works fine here, I can see my homepage, albums are displayed correctly and the search works too.

I did get the following error message during install:
    c:\windows\system32\mfc42.dll

Unable to register the DLL/OCXllRegisterServer failed; code 0x80040201
    An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers

Click abort, retry or ignore.

The install worked fine after clicking ignore..

I did just remove IIS from windows 7 and haven't rebooted yet, so this could be related.

Worked for me, too. Had the same error message as WilhelmStroker. No relation with ISS, because I haven't removed anything. Thanks anyways ;D