Thread: HELP!

Default HELP!

I am having a hard time with the program lately. I am running the latest version (6.2.6.13119) and have a lot of issues. First, it takes forever for the program to load. When I try to bring up an entry this also takes forever. I cannot use thumbnail mode to view the albums as it takes nearly a half hour to load all the thumbnails (this example is using my most populated entry - The Beatles currently 721 discs). Scrolling through the content pane is frustrating too, because when I roll my mouse's scroll it pauses for a second and then slowly begins to scroll. Lastly, freedb AND amazon do NOT work. I've tried every different setting for both and it refuses to establish a connection to any. At this point the program is completely useless to me and I have a huge backlog of items to enter. If anyone has suggestions to fix any or all of my problems please speak up and help me out. I pray I'm not the only one with this problem. I imagine it's something I'm doing wrong as I've used the program for years now and haven't had these kind of issues for a long time. Thank you in advance. Andy

Default Re: HELP!

Hi Andy,

First, please follow the steps in this thread:

[url]http://www.firetongue.com/boards/showthread.php?p=12395#2[/url]

It should fix the performance problem.

Regarding Amazon and FreeDB problem, can you post a session log for each. To get the logs, switch to "Session Log" tab when you see the error message, and copy text from there. I am sure it is easy to fix.

Andrei

Andrei -
    Thanks for your reply. I checked that thread and I had those settings correct. However, when I exited out it didn't ask me to compact the database. I figured this must be part of the deal, so I went ahead and manually compacted the database and this seems to have solved the speed issues. Now onto the freedb/amazon problem. You said you wanted to see session logs so here you go...

Amazon : Connecting to ecs.amazonaws.com
    freedb : Connecting to freedb.mygenres.com

I hope that helps. I look forward to hearing from you. Later. Andy

Andrei -
    I wanted to let you know that I managed to fix the freedb/amazon problem. I got to digging around in the preferences section and under Internet I located a button for proxies and such. Once there I unchecked "Use Internet Explorer Proxy Settings" and checked "Use CDDB protocol for CD info download" and it fixed the problem. I am now officially back in business. Thanks for such a wonderful program!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Hi Andy,

I am glad that it worked. It was probably caused by incorrect firewall or IE proxy configuration. Let me know if there's any further help needed.

Andrei

Andrei... that link that you posted for the instructions is not found..

Could you please repost those instructions?

Thanks

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by frederf View Post
    Andrei... that link that you posted for the instructions is not found..

Could you please repost those instructions?

Thanks

Fred
    Fixed the link above. Here's correct link:
    [url]http://www.firetongue.com/boards/showthread.php?p=12395#2[/url]