Thread: Copy and paste Credits, Musicians

Default Copy and paste Credits, Musicians

I have several songs on more than one record - for example, on a record by "various artists" and on one of the band's own records. It would be nice if there was a button on the Credits and Musicians tabs that would copy the contents of these tabs to the clipboard (or some other volatile storage) and another that would paste the contents of such storage into a song's credits. If there's nothing in the bucket the button should be disabled. If there are already credits in the song, then the Paste button could either overwrite them, or better yet offer the user a choice to either overwrite them or append them.

Default Re: Copy and paste Credits, Musicians

I second that!

First you pick a song/track. You indicate that this is the track that you would like to use as a template (you could choose what specific field you'd like to use, for example composers, band members, credits etc etc).

When all this is done you search for that song/track. Let's say you get 50 hits. In the view where you see all these 50 hits you choose (you mark them by holding down the Ctrl-key) 29 of those songs.

When you have picked the songs you transfer the information to all these 29 tracks with a quick command!

Instead of having to copy/paste this information by hand to all these 29 songs/tracks you can do it in one stroke!

I'd like to extend this feature request to include lyrics.

Implemented in 6.2.7 for the credits grids. Thanks! Right click on the header of a grid and select the appropriate option. Inside the grid you'll still see the option for copying individual entries.

Perhaps this thread should now be moved?