Thread: Drop-down lists

Default Drop-down lists

I am constantly adding info under Author/Musician and all the other fields with drop-down lists.

Default Re: Drop-down lists

Is this only for instruments that not in the default drop-down list, or is it for ALL instruments?

Current version does #1 already, both for names and instruments. Or am I missing something?

Andrei

Andrei

Names and instruments do not work the same way. Names fill in if the name has ever been entered before. Instruments fill in only if they are on the list you (as programmer) provided and there seems to be no way to provide more. Also names will always fill in, but instruments will fill in only after the user actually clicks on the pull-down arrow for one entry. It would be very nice if the instruments worked like the names.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei
    Is this only for instruments that not in the default drop-down list, or is it for ALL instruments?

Current version does #1 already, both for names and instruments. Or am I missing something?

Andrei

It only works with "Names" .. not with "Role". I can't say about other drop-down lists!

Quote Originally Posted by hardbop-man
    It only works with "Names" .. not with "Role". I can't say about other drop-down lists!
    It will work with role (which I mistakenly called Instrument in my previous post), but quite differently than for name. For the first musician you enter for a cd, click on the drop down list for Role. You will find a mixed list of instruments (including something called a Chapman stick, but not a Bass). If you click on one of these, when you add another musician and move to the role field and start typing the field will fill in, IF Andrei has the instrument in the list. For example, typing Tr will fill in Trombone, Tru will give Trumpet, etc. But Ba gives Backing vocals and Bas gives Bass clarinet. No Bass, though almost every jazz cd has a bass player and most opera cds have a basso. Can't you fix Bass so it works like alto, Andrei?

The best way to solve these problems (besides first letter not being upper case automatically) would be a editable list from where we could add, delete or correct the content as it fit.

That suggestion would not only cover THIS list but most of the other ones too!

Just my two cents!