Thread: Album Artists

Default Album Artists

Hi!

I am trying out OrangeCD and so far I like what I see. I am wondering how the software handles Album Artists

I have a lot of complete Album MP3s and used the BAND ID3 Tag to store the Album Artist as a number of media players read this field. However, when I scanned my MP3s, Orange CD does not seem to recognise this field and I do not even see it in the list.

It really comes into play on albums like Cast Recordings or Soundtracks where you want to identify the Album Artist different from the track artists and VARIOUS is not really the best option.

Thanks for any help

Ian

Default Re: Album Artists

Hi Ian,

I am not sure I understand the problem. OrangeCD recognizes Album Artist tag and it is saved in each track's artist field and, if all artists are the same, in the album artist field.

Different artists in individual mp3 files result in "Various Artists" album but even in this case, individual artists are saved as track artists and accessible through browse view. Make sure to use "Artist" mode as opposed to "Artist - no compilations" mode.

Andrei

Default Re: Album Artists

This was my issue:

Using the RENT [Original Broadway Cast Recording] CD as an example:

Album artist would be: Original Broadway Cast
    Track Artists wouldbe: performers of each song

Orange CD displayed this as Various Artists - RENT when scanned.

I used the MP3 tag BAND to store 'Original Broadway Cast' as the album artist and this is used by a number of MP3 players but there was no way I could get this value to appear in OrangeCD.

I have started to manually update the artists and also created a custom field called Album Artist but have to manually enter it as there is not way to copy an MP3 tag value to this field.

I do have to say that I love this product and am happy with the results I have been getting so far

Thanks

Ian