Hi.

I purchased this software about a year ago to catalog both my CD & digital album collection (approx. 7,000 albums, most of them jazz). I admit that the software is excellent, much better than anything I could build myself in Access.

However, it has one MAJOR FLAW which led me to abandon using OrangeCD as a cataloging tool, in spite of its other excellent features. This is the the lack of multi-value fields. This is particularly nagging especially as far as it concerns artists, since a good part of my collection are joint albums by two or more artists (e.g. Bill Evans & Jim Hall) which would need to be associated with BOTH artists and appear on a listing of albums under EACH artist. The same goes for artist tracks (and would also apply to multi-genres etc).

FYI, I use Foobar to handle my digital files (most of them FLAC and properly tagged) on the computer and Squeezebox to play them on my stereo -- both of them recognize and handle multivalue tag fields using preset delimiters (such as ";" or "/" etc.)

I recall reading in this forum quite some time ago that this issue would have be met in a new release. Very recently, I downloaded the latest release, but couldn't find any trace of implementation of this crucial update. I also checked the message boards, and again couldn't find any update on this issue - seems that this is still not implemented.

I would really appreciate some update on this. Maybe it's already there and I'm dumb enough to not find it.

Other than this, the software is a great tool.

Thanks for the assistance,

Yiannis