Thread: Title on Amazon yet ...

Default Title on Amazon yet ...

I have a couple of titles from Graphic Audio tht are listed on Amazon.com, yet when I try to add from Amazon it never finds them.
    I try adding by UPC, Title, keywords, and nothing ever shows up.

Anyone have any advice on how to get this title in the database other than adding manually?
    It is not in FrreDB .

Bobb

Default Re: Title on Amazon yet ...

If I can't find the data for a CD on Freedb, and can't be bothered to enter it manually, I find that CDDB usually has it. You can download the details from CDDB using a freeware programme like Player, which has an option to export details to Windows/cdplayer.ini. Orange CD has an option on the database menu to "Import from Windows CD Player". OrangeCD will have saved the details of the disc not found on freedb under "New Artist". You can choose to update this entry with the new details.

[url]http://www.vuplayer.com/player.php[/url]

Thanks, that sounds like a good option.

I am still just wondering why the titles show up on Amazon, yet OrangeCD does not find it?

Bobb

I've had loads of releases that OCD can't find at Amazon.. but then if I search using the barcode, more often than not it's found. It tends to be a slightly longer way to do it (add a new artist/new album release, search Amazon using barcode, copy fields from the downloaded Amazon album, paste fields to the CD, delete amazon album)... But, it works, and it's less hassle than typing everything by hand!

David

Just a quick update about this problem. While I still have found no way to enter the GraphicAudio titles other than manually.
    On a fluke I decided to try and see if my other catalog programs could find these titles. Both my book cataloging programs, (Readerware & Bookbag) found these on Amazon with no problem using the bar codes. Wondering if somehow Amazon has these listed somehow as books, and OrangeCD cannot tap into that area.

So I am hoping to just copy/paste the info into OCD, or I may copy the CD's to my HD and see if they can be picked up better that way.

Ah living on the bleeding edge of technology...
    ;D ;D ;D

Bobb