Thread: Racks and Tags Data

Default Racks and Tags Data

Andrei,

I have noticed that albums on Racks and Tags are now over 1 million.

Is it possible that this data is made available to users to add LPs etc., since this data is not available on Freedb.

I have about 600 LPs which I would like to add to my OrangeCD CD database; however I hate to do this manually.

For my DVD collection I use DVDP...... Users contribute profiles in a central database which are then available to other users to add/update profiles.

I think this will be a great feature for OrangeCD. This feature should interest many other users ???

Joe

Default Re: Racks and Tags Data

Hi Joe,

Did you consider adding from Amazon? It's been a great source of LP album data - including barcodes etc.

As for adding from R&T - this is planned some time in future, but I don't believe that the database is ready for this. I'll run a couple of experimental features/improvements first, then we'll see.

Andrei

Default Re: Racks and Tags Data

Andrei,

Thanks for your reply. I'll take up your Amazon suggestion; at least maybe I'll find the bulk of my LP collection and add the rest manually.

It is good to know that adding from R&T is a possibility and is planned for the future.

Regards,

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by andrei_c View Post
    Hi Joe,

As for adding from R&T - this is planned some time in future, but I don't believe that the database is ready for this. I'll run a couple of experimental features/improvements first, then we'll see.

Andrei
    Any news about this?

If adding from R&Ts is not as yet possible, is it possible to have the search feature to include the whole database and not just "Your Artists".