Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My template, for those who want it.

Default My template, for those who want it.

I've finally finished my on again, off again work on a template. Thanks to Andrei for answering my many questions! If you'd like to take a look at it, you can download it from here:

[url]http://www.filesco.com/download.php?id=38FD36B21[/url]

I called it "Green" because the default colors are various shades of green. Many of them are configurable. I shamelessly stole certain features from the default template, while others are entirely mine. I'll check this thread periodically, so if anyone has questions or comments, post them here.

I wrote this to match what I wanted in a template. Feel free to modify it if you wish. It was tested with Orange 6.2.4. It will probably work with earlier minor revisions of version 6, but I don't have any idea about versions earlier than that.

If no one downloads it within a certain period, the free file host will delete it. It was uploaded today, and I think the time limit is 60 days.

Default Re: My template, for those who want it.

Balok,

Thanks for sharing your template with the community.

I downloaded the template this morning and I am very happy with the improvements to the default template.

Tried and liked your template, but using 6.2.4 when I re-opened the program I got this message:

Template error
    Ending tag for 'composer' was not found in C:\Program Files\OrangeCD\Templates\[filesco]Green.dax at line 200, character 35.

<dax:artist/>
    <dax:if(composer)>
    / (<dax:composer>)
    </dax:if>
    <dax:else>

Quote Originally Posted by Joebugs
    2. Is is possibe to add the Artwork Credits in the album page.
    Not at present. The explanation is here: [url]http://www.firetongue.com/boards/dax/1216482484.html[/url].

I will look into the other requests/issues when I have some time - probably later this week.

[quote=gurnemanz]Tried and liked your template, but using 6.2.4 when I re-opened the program I got this message:

Template error
    Ending tag for 'composer' was not found in C:\Program Files\OrangeCD\Templates\[filesco]Green.dax at line 200, character 35.

Quote Originally Posted by Balok
    Not at present. The explanation is here: [url]http://www.firetongue.com/boards/dax/1216482484.html[/url].

I will look into the other requests/issues when I have some time - probably later this week.
    Thanks, very kind.

Joe

Thanks, Balok, for taking the trouble to explain the composer problem. I followed your instructions and it worked.

Balok,

I've just noticed that when using the Green Template the bottom slide bar disappears in the Tables View/Tracks View pages.

It is OK with the default view.

Joe

1.Is it possible in the album page to add the composer near the track title in the track listing (possibly in a different colour).
    I've implemented this (and also the fix I explained to guernemanz earlier). The new file is here: [url]http://www.filesco.com/download.php?id=59B595CD1[/url]

Notes and cautions:

1. It has the same name as the older version. Rename the older version if you want to keep it. Otherwise when you click on the downloaded file Orange will tell you it has the same name as an existing file, and if you click OK it will replace the old file.

2. Even though the file name is the same, you will lose any customizations you have made to the template via the customize view dialog. For this reason, I recommend against downloading this version unless you're trying to solve this specific problem and don't mind this hassle. I can't do anything about this, it's built into Orange.

3. It's turned off by default, because I don't use that field. There's a checkbox labeled 'Show composer below artist' in the customization to turn it on.

4. I added support for a user selected color. That's called 'Color for Composer Name' You can add additional customizations by editing the template and searching for "span.trackcomposer" and then applying other style elements. You'll need a cascading style sheets reference, but those are all over the web.

5. The reason I don't use this Composer field is that I enter this data on the credits tab. IIRC, Andrei said that since version 6, this is the preferred way to enter data, and that someday the Composer field on the General tab may even go away. Don't take my word for it, though - start a thread and ask him yourself.

6. However, and here's a warning: the Composer filter for viewing your collection DOES key off of this field. If you leave it blank, that filter will not work.

PS The album rating is also missing from the album page
    That's true, and it's likely to stay that way. The reason is that the code to implement this (with the stars) is complex. I'd need to sit down and figure out how it works, first, and I'm unlikely to have the time soon. On top of that, I tend not to rate my albums, so the feature isn't much use to me, so there's a motivation problem. There are other features that I'll probably put in first because they're more useful to me. No, I'm not going to say what they are, because they're just glimmers right now. I have to deal with firm schedules enough at my real job!

I am not sure what the Table View/Track View page is. Perhaps if you could list some of the information on it that would help. I'm guessing you mean either the Album view (lists album contributors on the left, and tracks on the right) or the Track view (lists lyrics and notes on the left, track contributors on the right).

I'm also not sure what a slide bar is. You might mean the scroll bar. However, even when I make Orange very thin, I still see a scroll bar.

I'm going to need some more information to even start investigating this one.

Balok,

Thanks for the update.

Composer: Composer/colour change feature is great. This feature works perfectly.

Album Rating: Ok, no problem. It would have been great to have this feature; but I appreciate that you have your priorities.

Scroll Bar: Yes, I meant the scroll bar, sorry about that. In the View Menu there are three options: Thumbnail view, Table view and Tracks View. In any of these pages the bottom scroll bar disappears and cannot be accessed. I can send a screen dump if necessary.

Orange very thin?: What do you mean by this? and how do you go about it?

Regards and thanks again for sharing the template.

Joe