Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: some puzzling observations

Default Re: some puzzling observations

Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    There's been several changes that I have made to photo covers on some albums. But when I upload to R & T the old album cover appears and not the one I replaced it with.
    Please use the Copy/Paste trick to work around this. There's a couple of changes coming soon in cover management which will probably fix it.

With regard to album cover, I noticed that when I look at the album, the cover is placed over the information about the album like date, format, label, etc.
    This is probably because you are using Internet Explorer 6. IE6 is currently not supported. It will be in next couple of weeks, but I really recommend to upgrade to IE7 or Firefox.

My "Creedence Clearwater Revival" albums are listed under "Golliwogs", albums by the group "The Band" are under "Levon Helms and the Hawks" and there are a few others that R & T misfiles. They are listed okay in OCD.
    Really weird. Can you give a link to erroneous entries on server?

I use Orange CD Player to listen to music but it doesn't show up in R & T under "recently played" just some stuff that I listened to months ago.
    Are you using same database in OrangeCD Player as you do in OrangeCD Catalog? Also, do you upload your collection regularly?

Sometimes I'm not listed under "other people who have this album" when it's obvious that I do.
    Not everybody is listed there. For some popular albums, list would be really huge - so only N top results are returned.

The uploads still time out.
    It should be fixed when next version of the website will go live. I don't have specific date but shooting to finish it in next 2 weeks.

Andrei

Even though I was sceptical of this, I went ahead and did this with several covers. After a couple of timeouts, I uploaded successfully to R & T and the new covers were not there. Thanks for trying.
    Can you give a link to album that has incorrect cover? I can figure out if the fix worked or something else is needed.

Andrei

Please use the Copy/Paste trick to work around this. There's a couple of changes coming soon in cover management which will probably fix it.

---Copy/Paste trick did not work for me. I suppose there is a chance that I'm not doing it right, but I did follow the instructions that Joebugs sent.

This is probably because you are using Internet Explorer 6. IE6 is currently not supported. It will be in next couple of weeks, but I really recommend to upgrade to IE7 or Firefox.

---Mystery solved. I didn't notice that this was happening on another computer (which has IE6). I have IE7 on my home computer and it doesn't have the same problem.

Really weird. Can you give a link to erroneous entries on server?

---I'm not very computer savvy. What sort of link do you need?

Are you using same database in OrangeCD Player as you do in OrangeCD Catalog? Also, do you upload your collection regularly?

---Again, I'm not too knowlegable with computers. I never changed the original database. It has been labeled "Sample Database" since day one. Anytime you have issued an updated version, I just replaced the prior version with it. How would I check for the info you're asking for? I'm pretty sure the OCD player is the same version as OCD catalog.

Not everybody is listed there. For some popular albums, list would be really huge - so only N top results are returned.

---What does "N top results" mean? I noticed now that for some of these listings, I'm not there alphabetically because the end of the list is before "T" (however not always the case). Since many of my albums were entered into OCD several years ago, listing by date puts me off the list because I'm near the end and there doesn't appear to be a way of reversing the chronology. You probably could add alot of space to list album owners if you dropped the photo. It seems to me that 99% are just the picture of the blue ball with the sunglasses and headphones.

It should be fixed when next version of the website will go live. I don't have specific date but shooting to finish it in next 2 weeks.

---I hope so. I noticed several people have mentioned this on the forums site. Thanks for everything, Andrei.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Firetongue
    Can you give a link to album that has incorrect cover? I can figure out if the fix worked or something else is needed.

Andrei
    I'm not quite sure if I know what you mean. There are quite a few, but a couple that come to mind are: an album "Free For All" by a group named, Bull Angus. Another is an album titled, "The Great White Wonder - Vol. 3" by Bob Dylan (a rather obsure Italian LP).

I'm not quite sure if I know what you mean. There are quite a few, but a couple that come to mind are: an album "Free For All" by a group named, Bull Angus. Another is an album titled, "The Great White Wonder - Vol. 3" by Bob Dylan (a rather obsure Italian LP).
    correction to album name: "The Little White Wonder"
    (not Great White Wonder)

replaced album artwork still does not appear on R&T. It is okay in OCD. I also still get the timeouts when uploading to R&T even after the last update.

Missing covers are result of timeout errors.

I plan to update the server this weekend and that will get rid of timeout errors. Thanks for your patience.

Andrei

This is not tied to timeouts. I've seen that. where cover shows as "not available". This is a separate issue. If I replace a previous photo with a different one in OCD, the new one is fine in OCD but the old one stays on R&T.