Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: some puzzling observations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default some puzzling observations

Hi Andrei,

I noticed a few odd things about my Racks and Tags and I'm wondering if they are unique to me.

There's been several changes that I have made to photo covers on some albums. But when I upload to R & T the old album cover appears and not the one I replaced it with.

With regard to album cover, I noticed that when I look at the album, the cover is placed over the information about the album like date, format, label, etc.

My "Creedence Clearwater Revival" albums are listed under "Golliwogs", albums by the group "The Band" are under "Levon Helms and the Hawks" and there are a few others that R & T misfiles. They are listed okay in OCD.

I use Orange CD Player to listen to music but it doesn't show up in R & T under "recently played" just some stuff that I listened to months ago.

Sometimes I'm not listed under "other people who have this album" when it's obvious that I do.

The uploads still time out.

I'm not really complaining, just wondering.

Default Re: some puzzling observations

Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    Hi Andrei,

There's been several changes that I have made to photo covers on some albums. But when I upload to R & T the old album cover appears and not the one I replaced it with.
    Tony,

For wrong album covers on R & T go to Record Properties/Artwork of the specific album -- press COPY and then PASTE.

This should solve the problem.

Hi Andrei,

Sometimes I'm not listed under "other people who have this album" when it's obvious that I do.
    Please make sure that you don't have any spelling mistakes.

Lower case and Upper case should also match.

For example:

R & T considers these as four different albums:

Norah Jones: Feels Like Home

Norah Jones: feels like home

Norah Jones: Feels Like Home <Deluxe Edition>

Norah Jones: Feels Like Home - Deluxe Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Joebugs

Tony,

For wrong album covers on R &amp; T go to Record Properties/Artwork of the specific album -- press COPY and then PASTE.

This should solve the problem.
    I'm confused about this. The new cover is already there in OCD under Properties/Artwork. Where do I copy and paste it to get it on R &amp; T?

[quote=Joebugs]

Please make sure that you don't have any spelling mistakes.

Lower case and Upper case should also match.

For example:

R &amp; T considers these as four different albums:

Norah Jones:

I'm confused about this. The new cover is already there in OCD under Properties/Artwork. Where do I copy and paste it to get it on R &amp; T?
    Go to RECORD PROPERTIES/ARTWORK. Just press COPY and then press PASTE. Upload to R&amp;T. The new cover will be updated.

I understand what you're saying but it doesn't explain what I was attempting to describe.

If I'm looking at an album on R &amp; T in my collection (doesn't matter how misspelled it may be) I should click on "who owns this ablum" and I should be listed, if only that I'm the sole person that has this mispelled album. However, there are some where I click on "who owns" and other people are listed there, but not me (when obviously I should be).

Maybe I'm not explaining the occurence correctly.
    I understand now. Sorry but I cannot help you. Maybe Andrei has an answer for this!

[quote=Joebugs]

Go to RECORD PROPERTIES/ARTWORK.

Even though I was sceptical of this, I went ahead and did this with several covers. After a couple of timeouts, I uploaded successfully to R &amp; T and the new covers were not there. Thanks for trying.
    Hi Tony,

I'm sorry it did not work for you. It was given to me a solution to the same problem. It worked for me with "mygenres". However I haven't tried it with "r&amp;t".

Thanks again. Maybe Andrei will shed some light on this. I hope it's not some silly operator error thing I'm doing.