Thread: Export based on Genre

Default Export based on Genre

HELP!!!

I have alot of CD's in my database and therefor want to export or move all my lets say Classical CD's and Test CD's to its own databases. Is there any way of making an export or move CD's based on genre?

Best Regards

Tony

Default Re: Export based on Genre

Hi Tony.

I'm pretty certain this is the way to do it - someone might know a quicker one, but anyway.....

First create a new database for each genre that you want a database for. Then, in that database, click "Database" from the top-line menu. Select "Import and export", then "import from Orange CD database". Click NEXT, then select your source file (i.e. your main database with EVERYTHING in it). NEXT. Choose the "entire collection" option.

In this newly-created database, in your TREE pane, click on "Entire Collection": all records will then appear in the right-hand pane. Make sure you have "Genre" inserted as one of your columns (right click on the column header bar and select "insert", then select "genre").
    Ckick on "genre" header to sort by it. Multiple select all albums in genres that you DON'T want in that database. Once these are highlighted, multiple delete them.

Job done! Repeat for each separate database that you want.....