Thread: Played-Tab

Default Played-Tab

Where does the played information comes from?

Default Re: Played-Tab

Quote Originally Posted by noyse
    Where does the played information comes from?
    After playing an album with OrangeCD Player, open your Orange CD data base, select your album, right click and choose "properties", then select the "misc" tab and you should see "last played". I believe this feature works only after playing with OrangeCD Player and not with Windowa Media Player.

Works with Windows Media Player, too!

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWERS
    And with iTunes. When Andre has lots of free time, it would be nice if Orange CD could pick up the play count and last played info that iTunes keeps.

I'm not able to get "last played" to show when just playing with Windows Media Player. How do you do that? I just tried with a CD that had no data in CD Orange DB and no time would spprar until I played it with Orange CD Player. Not a big deal though, just curious

[quote=bquam]

I'm not able to get "last played" to show when just playing with Windows Media Player. How do you do that? I just tried with a CD that had no data in CD Orange DB and no time would spprar until I played it with Orange CD Player. Not a big deal though, just curious

Actually you might be right there. When I said it works with WMP, I was meaning media files played with WMP. Sorry for the confusion!
    I believe last played works only when the track (or album) is played through OCD. It will use whatever player is selected on the Media tab of Preferences (View -> Preferences -> Media), but you have to make the selection of the track/album in OCD, not in the player itself. And that selection can be made only if there is a working album path designated on the MISC tab of album properties. Even though there is a field called Last Played on this MISC tab, it is not an editable field.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_North
    I believe last played works only when the track (or album) is played through OCD. It will use whatever player is selected on the Media tab of Preferences (View -> Preferences -> Media), but you have to make the selection of the track/album in OCD, not in the player itself. And that selection can be made only if there is a working album path designated on the MISC tab of album properties. Even though there is a field called Last Played on this MISC tab, it is not an editable field.
    Correct.

I am working on alternative ways to feed playback information to the server but currently it's the only way.

Andrei