Thread: Copy/Paste fields bug?

Default Copy/Paste fields bug?

Andrei,

Using 'COPY/PASTE FIELDS', how come everything will copy EXCEPT data originally input into the 'old' 4 custom fields? Also... sometimes, NOTES won't copy across. Is there any way around this? Or any explanation?!

Default Re: Copy/Paste fields bug?

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWERS
    Andrei,

Using 'COPY/PASTE FIELDS', how come everything will copy EXCEPT data originally input into the 'old' 4 custom fields? Also... sometimes, NOTES won't copy across. Is there any way around this? Or any explanation?!
    This can happen if destination records has more tracks than source record. Extra tracks will not receive the data, so the notes may be lost as well

This is tricky feature and it has some unpleasant side-effects. I will look into custom field problem, it looks like something that has to be fixed.

Andrei

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWERS
    Andrei,

Thanks Andrei,

Just noticed - the Copy/Paste Fields function no longer seems to lose any fields/info. Well done for sneaking that fix in!! ;D

Hi Andrei -

can't say enough about how great this program is... up to almost 20,000 entries now, still works like a charm (hopefully no top end of number of entries still?).

I have a question, and I'm hoping you have a better answer than mine... I have some entries that exist as both mp3 and FLAC, which is correct. However, the FLAC entries largely were entered manually, without track names (so they show ten blank tracks) - is there a way to copy/paste SOME of the fields, and in doing so, have OrangeCD not stop at ten tracks when it overwrites? My suspicion is no, that I need to copy the mp3 version over and re-call them Flacs and reinput my catalog numbers. So, if I do that, where in the world can I change the field that shows "xxxMB", or (semi-related) where do I change the kps in a record?

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

thanks

marc

Hi Marc

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkino
    I have a question, and I'm hoping you have a better answer than mine... I have some entries that exist as both mp3 and FLAC, which is correct. However, the FLAC entries largely were entered manually, without track names (so they show ten blank tracks) - is there a way to copy/paste SOME of the fields, and in doing so, have OrangeCD not stop at ten tracks when it overwrites?
    Unfortunately it's not possible. Copy/Paste Fields copies all or nothing, and it does not add or delete tracks.

My suspicion is no, that I need to copy the mp3 version over and re-call them Flacs and reinput my catalog numbers. So, if I do that, where in the world can I change the field that shows "xxxMB", or (semi-related) where do I change the kps in a record?
    This field is read-only and it is computed automatically from the mp3/flac files. You can't change it other than by rescanning the files using right-click - Rescan.

Andrei

thank you Andrei.... I did discover the latter when I was messing around last night, which actually in most cases helps a lot. It seems like the easiest way is to either copy/paste or run a duplicate from the mp3 entry, and then just manually change the format and catalog number. Not so bad.