Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to access 'settings' or 'tools' menus!

Default Unable to access 'settings' or 'tools' menus!

Hi Andrei,

Every time I try to get into 'settings' or 'tools' menus, I am asked to sign in. Even though I have already signed in! I can access 'your collection' but have to sign in again to do it!! Help......

Default Re: Unable to access 'settings' or 'tools' menus!

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWERS
    Hi Andrei,

Every time I try to get into 'settings' or 'tools' menus, I am asked to sign in. Even though I have already signed in! I can access 'your collection' but have to sign in again to do it!! Help......
    It sounds like your browser does not accept cookies. Make sure cookies are enabled for website racksandtags.com.

Andrei

Andrei, I am using Firefox. In its 'Options' section, I have checked that cookies are enabled for Racks&Tags. So the problem must lie elsewhere, I guess?

What is displayed in the topright corner of the page - is it a sign box or does it says that you are already signed in?

Also, could you check in Firefox what cookies are actually stored on your computer. You can do it by going Privacy tab in Options, Show Cookies button, under racksandtags.com.

Andrei

Hi Andrei,

When I click on "Go to my page" in OCD, Firefox opens "[url]http://www.racksandtags.com/my[/url] username/". The sign-in box is auto-completed at the top right. Just to make sure, I have clicked on the arrow, and the page stays OK. But as soon as I go to press a tab other than "Home", I get the message:

"You have to sign in to view this page.

You need to have Racks and Tags account to use this feature. If you have created your account already, please sign in by typing your username and password in boxes on top of this page."

....even though my Username and password are still already auto-filled in the Sign-in box. Even if I click the arrow, I can't access any tabs - it just returns the above message.

The cookies stored under "racksandtags.com" are: _utma, _utmc, _utmz, fx, UC, U, _utmb, p

Malc

Hi Malc,

Try clearing browser cache and deleting all cookies from racksandtags.com, then forcing page refresh (Ctrl+F5).

Andrei

Andrei,
    I've followed your instructions to the letter, but still no joy....

Malc

Do you use any firewall, caching proxy or other similar agent? The problem is clearly with cookies. For some reason the server rejects it, I wonder if firewall is at fault.

Are you able to change your password? I think changing the password may fix it.

Andrei

Hi Andrei,

The new build seems to have sorted out my Racks&Tags problem - not sure quite how, but it seems to be OK now... thanks! Also searches have speeded up markedly, which is great. Can you tell me, though, why there is still no bulk editing for tracks? Is it really hard to implement? Even if it is, it would make this a sensational programme rather than just a superb one! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this...

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWERS
    Can you tell me, though, why there is still no bulk editing for tracks? Is it really hard to implement? Even if it is, it would make this a sensational programme rather than just a superb one! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this...
    No, it is not hard, it's just that recently there were many different tasks that require immediate attention (Amazon servers shutdown, R&T upgrade, etc.) The path is more or less clear now, I plan to throw in this as a minor update.

Andrei