Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help to change the player

Default Help to change the player

Can not change the player. What is wrong in this custom command line:
    C:\Program Files\Foobar2000\Foobar2000.exe "%1%"
    Thanks

Probably the space between "Program" and "Files". Here's what I've been using successfully to get OrangeCD to use Winamp:

"c:\program files\winamp\winamp" "%1"

Notice the quotes around the command like as well as the parameter.

To implement the queuing function the command is similar:

"C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe" /ADD "%1"

The /ADD qualifier does not require quotes because it contains no spaces.

Microsoft caused a lot of problems for a lot of people by using "Program Files" instead of a simple "bin" directory like normal folks would use.

Does Winamp update the last played/time played fields when you play a CD?

Is it possible to use Window Media player or any other player?

Joe
    Last edited by Joebugs; 10-12-2011 at 04:50 PM.

I believe OrangeCD itself manages the 'Last Time Played' field. I just tested a recording I haven't listened to for awhile, and when I clicked my play link it launched Winamp. The Last Played date updated immediately, but I did have to hit the refresh view button in OrangeCD to see it. (If you're not familiar with this button, it's the one where two curved white arrows nearly touch head to tail on a green circle, in the top toolbar.)

My custom theme only displays this field on the album page. It cannot be seen on the album property sheet dialog (tabbed collection of property pages). I haven't worked on themes in awhile; I don't remember if that field exists on a per track basis or not. It's also not in the track property sheet dialog.

I see no reason why you couldn't use Windows Media player, or any other player that offers a command line interface. Having never done it, I don't know what the command lines would be. To enter the commands, select View and the Preferences to open the preferences property sheet, then click the Media tab to open the Media property page. You'll need to use the arrows to the right of the tabs to scroll the tabs until you find the Media tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Balok View Post
    I believe OrangeCD itself manages the 'Last Time Played' field. I just tested a recording I haven't listened to for awhile, and when I clicked my play link it launched Winamp. The Last Played date updated immediately, but I did have to hit the refresh view button in OrangeCD to see it. (If you're not familiar with this button, it's the one where two curved white arrows nearly touch head to tail on a green circle, in the top toolbar.)

My custom theme only displays this field on the album page. It cannot be seen on the album property sheet dialog (tabbed collection of property pages). I haven't worked on themes in awhile; I don't remember if that field exists on a per track basis or not. It's also not in the track property sheet dialog.

I see no reason why you couldn't use Windows Media player, or any other player that offers a command line interface. Having never done it, I don't know what the command lines would be. To enter the commands, select View and the Preferences to open the preferences property sheet, then click the Media tab to open the Media property page. You'll need to use the arrows to the right of the tabs to scroll the tabs until you find the Media tab.

Balok,

Thanks for your reply. This is great since it appears that Andre is not updating the OrangeCD player. Maybe he can help with the commands for the most common players: Media Player, Real Player, etc. A drop down menu with the Player commands in the media menu will be great.

I will add that OrangeCD is better integrated with Windows Media Player than with any other player. You don't need to deal with command lines, just go to Preferences -> Media and select Media Player playback option (it's first in the list).

Andrei

Quote Originally Posted by andrei_c View Post
    I will add that OrangeCD is better integrated with Windows Media Player than with any other player. You don't need to deal with command lines, just go to Preferences -> Media and select Media Player playback option (it's first in the list).

Andrei
    I have Windows Media Player selected in the playback option. However when I played a CD with Windows Media Player it did not update the Last Played/Total Time played fields. It only updates them when I use the OrangeCD player.

Please can you help?

Quote Originally Posted by Joebugs View Post
    I have Windows Media Player selected in the playback option. However when I played a CD with Windows Media Player it did not update the Last Played/Total Time played fields. It only updates them when I use the OrangeCD player.

Please can you help?
    I use iTunes as my media player (my command line is identical to balok's except, of course, I have itunes where he has winamp). OCD updates last played whenever I play a track or a full album through OCD. I cannot create a queue when I use iTunes but I think that is an iTunes issue, not an OCD issue. Last played is available on the Misc tab (page) of the album properties.

On the Media Preferences tab (View -> Preferences -> Media) there is a checkbox that controls whether OCD updates for single tracks. If this is checked, then playing a single track won't update. You might want to check that.

Just to check it out further I changed my media player to Windows Media Player using this command line

"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" "%1"

OCD updated last played just fine both for a track and for an album.

I don't know anything about total time played. I don't get it for any track or album and can't think of a reason it would be of interest to me since it is mostly a function of track length and less of frequency of playing. I would be interested in number of plays, a bit of data that iTunes provides but doesn't seem available in OCD.
    Last edited by Jazz_North; 10-15-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_North View Post

Just to check it out further I changed my media player to Windows Media Player using this command line

"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" "%1"

OCD updated last played just fine both for a track and for an album.

I copied the above in the command menu and played a CD. OrangeCD did not update the Last played field.

Quote Originally Posted by andrei_c View Post

Andrei
    Mine is set to the default as above; however when I played a CD with Windows Media player Last Time Played/Total Time Played fields were not updated.