Thread: "Reissue" section

Default "Reissue" section

I've been thinking about the "Reissue" & "Release Information" sections on the Album properties pop-up, & wondering whether "Reissue" should actually be "Original Release".

My thinking goes along the line that the "Release Information" section relates to the Album (CD/LP/<whatever>) which is actually "in your hand", hence has the most complete release information.

So far, so good....so what, then, is the rationale for the "Reissue" Section. If I put on my "aging prog. rocker" hat, I would quite like to have the data for the original LP (ahem), including original artwork...(see other post), but I cannot see any rationale for data relating to a "reissue" of the Album that I actually have in my hand, and am inputting into the database.

So on those lines I would rather see the "Reissue" section restyled to "Original Issue".

But am I missing something obvious here?

Default Re: "Reissue" section

Hi sometime ago I made a suggestion for something similar:

23 OrangeCD Discussions / Suggest Features / Original Release Sep 15th, 2007, 2:13am
    Andrei,

I would like to make a suggestion for the Properties/Albums/General page:

Is it possible to add another box under the Reissue Box named Original Release containing the same fields as the Reissue Box ie Label/Date

I have a lot of deluxe editions/anniversary editions and would like to insert the date of release of these editions in the release information box and the date of the original release in the suggested box.

Thanks

Joe

OK, so I'm late to the party again....on both my most recent "big new ideas"

Quote Originally Posted by Mole
    So on those lines I would rather see the "Reissue" section restyled to "Original Issue".
    i really and truly hate that idea. In fact, that is one of the major issues that caused me to switch to OrangeCD from the other music db software i was using.

It's not so much the label that i care about (i always enter the label &amp; number that i have in hand), but the original date of the music is much more important to me than the reissue date. i like having a field for the reissue date, but it's secondary information. i'm trying to compile information about music, not objects.

I totally agree with The Mole.

I totally agree with neomarvelbuuny.