Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple covers in box sets

Quote Originally Posted by gurnemanz View Post
    Unless the box is one work, i.e. an opera, I prefer to keep big boxes as separate items and link them as a saved query either via the album title or the keyword field.
    As do I if the box is composed of mostly intact original cds. But many of the multiple disc "complete recordings of.." are not organised that way. None of the Mosaic sets are set up like that, nor are any of the complete Coltrane sets (Prestige, Atlantic or Impulse) or the various Columbia Miles Davis boxes. All these tend to be in chronological order and that seldom corresponds to the structure of a released album. I have a track custom field that identifies the original release format (some were originally 78s or 45s) and album title in these cases, but I have no way to add the original cover art and that's what I am after.

I should also say that there are some single CDs that are compilations where I would like to be able to attach the original cover art work for the album each track came from to that track.
    Last edited by Jazz_North; 12-31-2009 at 02:45 PM.

Default Mine problem too

I'm having the same problem.

I have many box-sets, composed of reissues of old albums.
    Each album has its own original cover.

Why can I only add one cover for the whole box-set.

Quote Originally Posted by pjean View Post
    I'm having the same problem.

I have many box-sets, composed of reissues of old albums.
    Each album has its own original cover.

Why can I only add one cover for the whole box-set.
    I don't think that the album covers are the only data that can't be added, for example the record/cd number for each disc in the set cannot be entered.

It would be good to get this sorted as, for me, it is the only problem I have with the software. Having a large number of box set it is frustrating not to have the relevant data available in the database.