Thread: three suggestions

Default three suggestions

G'day.. please let me know if these features are already part of OrangeCD and I just haven't figured out how to select them. My suggestions are not major features, just nice-to-have tweaks in my opinion.

(1) Even when you have the option "Navigate to new CD when done" selected, it doesn't do so on the Folders Pane.
    To put it another way, let's say you're viewing "Entire Collection" and you select a CD Album on the right-hand side, it should also select the corresponding Artist and Album on the left (Folders Pane).

(2) When scanning a new CD that happens to be an unknown "New Artist" (and it adds it to the New Artist folder) it should be highlighted somehow on the Folders Pane so you're not looking for it (e.g. like a different coloured folder) and not look just like the rest. Instead of just "New Artist" maybe any latest addition should be highlighted so it's obvious which artist's folder the CD you just scanned was added to.

(3) There should be an option to default the Artist's Sort name in "swapped" mode (i.e. Last name, First name) or to bulk edit update as such.

Cheers!
    Dei

Default Re: three suggestions

Hi Dei,

To sort points 1 and 2......

Just highlight in the RH pane the entry you want to find, then click on the blue "synchronize content" double-ended arrow on the toolbar. Your record will be highlighted in the "folders pane".

If for some reason you can't find a new entry, do this. In the folders pane, 'browse by' (maybe you'll need to create the view first) "Date added". Then highlight "This month"; all the relevant entries will appear in the RH pane. Change your "browse by" option to whatever your default view ("Entire collection" or whatever) is, highlight in the RH pane the entry you want to find, and click the blue arrow to see where it appears in the "folders" pane.

... and point 3: If you right-click your new entry and go to the "Artist Profile" option, then select the first tab ("Display"), you can click on the "Swap" button to reverse the sort name. For example "New Artist" would then appear in the folders pane as "Artist, New" under "A" rather than "N".

Hope this helps!

Hi Blowers,

Thanks for your informative reply - I never noticed the "Synchronize content" button!

I guess points (1) and (2) would be solved if there was an option to "ALWAYS Synchronize content" in the Preferences.

For point (3), I'm aware of the manual method of swapping names to "Last name, First name" in the Artist Profile / Display tab using the Swap button BUT you need to do them one by one.. it would be great if you could highlight more than one at a time (Bulk Edit) and Swap names in one go.

Cheers,
    Dei

Good point. Maybe Andrei could add this to my HUGE, several times asked request to be able to bulk edit tracks!! Then a lot of us would be really happy....