Thread: Links Within OCD

Default Links Within OCD

Hi there,

I'm curious about the links subject, too. I don't know much about codes and programming. But I want to know if it is possible to create links WITHIN OCD. That's:

* Can I create a link in the "Personal Notes" section of an album which will direct me to another album entry?

* Can I place links under Artist Info section (under any tab) to direct me to the separate album entries of that artist?

Could I make myself clear? I'll be truly happy if someone informs me about the possibility / impossibility of the subject.

Default Re: Links Within OCD

Quote Originally Posted by dehri
    Hi there,

I'm curious about the links subject, too. I don't know much about codes and programming. But I want to know if it is possible to create links WITHIN OCD. That's:

* Can I create a link in the "Personal Notes" section of an album which will direct me to another album entry?

* Can I place links under Artist Info section (under any tab) to direct me to the separate album entries of that artist?
    b) is not possible - template mechanism doesn't allow you to go directly through albums related to the current artist (there might be javascript workarounds, but if your database is big enough, it will be slow. I'll be happy investigate the possibilities.)

I am not sure about a) - what do you mean by "another album"? Do you mean just a link to "manual album entry" or something else?

Andrei

Default Re: Links Within OCD

Thanks for the reply, Andrei. I think I couldn't make myself clear enough. What I meant by both a) and b) are almost the same. Is it possible to insert a link in the text boxes of OCD which will direct me to another existing album entry.

For example in the personal notes section of the album "Beatles - 1967", I want to write:

"For the same album under Z label click here"

and when I click "here" I want OCD to show me the referred album.

But I think it is not possible. Anyway, thanks and thanks. I am sure one day it will be possible, updates of OCD always surprise me!