Thread: Creating link in OCD

Default Creating link in OCD

Hey all,
    Perhaps this is simple to do, or maybe it is impossible...I have no idea so I will ask the brain trust
    I would like to create a link on my OCD start page that will open another program on my C: drive (namely, Treepad, if anyone knows what that is and if it matters.) It is a simple text program on which I have complied lists of things I would like to be able to reference through OCD. So basically...how would one, if one could, create this link to another locally stored program? Thanks.

Default Re: Creating link in OCD

I am changing one of the web links that was preloaded to a link to my machine in the form of C:\FILE\FILE\FILE.EXE, and whenI click it it reports that 'file///C:/ etc.' cannot be found. However, as I change the format of my link and save, the info does not seem to be updating. Does anyone know why? Thanks.

OK, its all fixed and working....thanks to anyone who was thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by meells
    Hey all,
    Perhaps this is simple to do, or maybe it is impossible...I have no idea so I will ask the brain trust
    I would like to create a link on my OCD start page that will open another program on my C: drive (namely, Treepad, if anyone knows what that is and if it matters.) It is a simple text program on which I have complied lists of things I would like to be able to reference through OCD. So basically...how would one, if one could, create this link to another locally stored program? Thanks.
    Windows security is your enemy here - it won't allow to simply launch an application from HTML code.

You can insert link to executable file:

<a href="c:\windows\notepad.exe">Click to run Notepad</a>

...but it will ask you if you want to run the application every time you click on it. Probably not what you want.

Andrei