Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Slowness Fixed [now REALLY fixed]

Default Re: Slowness Fixed

I am looking into this. Thanks for your patience.

Kudos Andrei. You gotta love that you can get feedback from the head guy. Where else can you get that kind of service? Not with Dell or Symantec or my cable company or my cellular company or any one of the three major credit reporting bureaus or the secretary of state (DMV) or Walmart ... ok, I'm done venting now.

I am having trouble finding what the problem is, so I have to ask for more info.

Could you please copy-paste the info in the "Database Stats" section of your database's home page?

For example:

Code:
    Database stats
    -----------------
    Size: 3.90 megabytes
    Total records: 2052

Quote Originally Posted by kalowski
    Just timed it:
    1 min 14 seconds for right click menu to appear.
    Where exactly did you right-click? Left pane or right pane? On folder or on album icon?

Quote Originally Posted by kalowski
    Yes it is unchecked. And I've compacted.
    129GB of free space on my hard drive..
    ..ah, but only 4.8GB of 232GB on the external drive thst holds most of the mp3s in my database. But no churning & media monkey works fine when playing them.
    Where is your actual database file located - external or internal drive? I am concerned about database file location, not mp3 location.

Andrei

Quote Originally Posted by nowheremen22
    I'm currently viewing my Beatles cds in thumbnail mode. I have 706 cds of the Beatles and it took over 12 minutes to load all the thumbnails.
    How big are your cover images? (i.e. how did you add them - using Cover Download feature or using other method?)

Quote Originally Posted by Firetongue
    How big are your cover images? (i.e. how did you add them - using Cover Download feature or using other method?)
    I get my cover art from various sources. A lot I've gotten through the software's download feature, but the only problem is that not all of my CDs are official releases. I have a lot of bootlegs and I get those covers off the net or from scans that I've made. As far as sizes go, it seems that most of the legitimate releases' covers hover around 300x300. When you get into some of the bootleg titles, you may be looking at 340x340. One big exception is in the case of The Beatles box-sets called Artifacts I,II,III. Thses are bootleg sets, so your software will never find artwork. The artwork that I found for this set measures in at 275x544. I want to point out that this is not just a phenomenon that affects just my Beatles discs; I simply used them as an example. It is the case for all cds. I've checked many of the other artists and the legitimate releases all seem to clock in at 300x300 for cover art. I don't know if this helps you to understand my problem. Let me know if I can help you further.
    Andy

Andrei- Are you still attacking this issue? I would like to know that I'm not the only one who still has this problem. I've basically stopped using it because it just takes so long to enter anything into it. I love this program but I want to be able to use it without problems. I appreciate that you are always quick to take care of issues but this one has been hanging there for a while.
    Is anyone else still have issues with speed?

I also have the speed issue. It started when I changed my computer. Now I have a faster processor, more memory and Windows Vista, but OrangeCD is slower than it used to be.

I have the latest version, the covers are kept in external files and there are no thumbnails in the database.

Part of the problem may be that I have added a number of boxsets to my collection. Right clicking on a 10 disc boxset in the latest addition view takes 12 seconds to show the context menu, where a single disc album shows the menu in 3 seconds.

I know it is not yet the 74 seconds that kalowski mentioned, but 3 seconds is already a bit too long for my taste. Especially since I did not have this problem on a slower computer. I would really like to see this issue solved.

Andrei, please let me know if you need any more information from me, or if there are some settings or tests I can try.

Eric

I think I'm on to something. Can anyone try to install and use this private build:

[url]http://www.firetongue.com/support/orgcdfull_622a.exe[/url]

I believe it should help. Please confirm so I could include the changes in next release!

Andrei