Thread: Help Needed for Large Compilations

Default Help Needed for Large Compilations

While I purchased OrangeCD many years ago, I have just committed to making it my primary access method. Till now I have just used Windows Explorer on a 50,000 album collection!

The problem I have is with compilations. I am happy to see that compilations now show up with the artist where Composer usually is which is fine. But selecting the album from the Browse By panel selects the album not the song. When I select Artist+Title (or just title) I get an orange box with a "T" and under that the album name. How do I get the title in the "Browse By" panel? As seen by my next question, this is very inconvenient.

Compilations worked nice for small compilations, other than the fact I have to scroll down the tracks and manually find the song. But when I tried to make a database with a single album with 1000 tracks, the program freezes!

How are compilations handled? Especially large compilations.

I am positive that neither of these are problems with the program, I just dion't know what I am doing.

Artist, Album, Track, Title, and Year are always present and correct in the tags. I can copy information to any other tag if necessary but I hope that isn't necessary.

Default Re: Help Needed for Large Compilations

[quote=krdu]While I purchased OrangeCD many years ago, I have just committed to making it my primary access method. Till now I have just used Windows Explorer on a 50,000 album collection!

The problem I have is with compilations.