Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freedb.org problems [FIXED]

Default Freedb.org problems [FIXED]

Anyone else having problems with freedb.org ? I haven't been able to continue listing my collection for two days

Default Re: Freedb.org problems

Try using a different FreeDB server:

Click menu View - Preferences, switch to the Internet tab, and select a different server in "CD info download URL" dropdown. Press OK.

Does it fix the problem?

Andrei

Hi,
    I have the same problem.
    I try to use a different FreeDB server, but OCD did not allow to select a different server in "CD info download URL" dropdown.

I ran into the same problem with freedb.org. I'm on version 6.1.9 and I started getting "Connection timeout errors". I tried changing to use any of the other "freedb.org" URLs with the same result. I put it back to freedb.freedb.org. I believe that was on Thursday. Yesterday, I started getting "Connection refused" errors instead. So on the View, Preferences, Internet tab I click on Advanced. The "Use CDDB protocol for CD info download" was checked, I unchecked that and checked the "Use HTTP proxy" checkbox. After that, the "Download CD info" would work but the "Download CD covers" would then bomb with a Bad HTTP error. So I unchecked "Use HTTP proxy" checkbox and now both the "Download CD info" and "Download CD covers" work. I don't know what the default is supposed to be for the checkboxes on the Advanced tab but I have it working.

Quote Originally Posted by cgokmen
    Hi,
    I have the same problem.
    I try to use a different FreeDB server, but OCD did not allow to select a different server in "CD info download URL" dropdown.
    You are probably using old CDDBP protocol for accessing FreeDB server. For some reason, FreeDB servers no longer accept connections using the old protocl (I am investigating why).

The solution is to switch to HTTP protocol. In Internet tab, click Advanced and uncheck "Use CDDB protocol" option. Press OK and then OK again.

Andrei

Thanks Andrei
    That works fine

Celik

tried all thats been suggested....and just get timeouts all the time..?

I too have tried everything suggested but still getting time outs. Can't download or upload info.
    Advanced settings have two boxes ticked: Use Internet Explorer proxy settings and Submit using Protocol 5 (recommended).
    What else can I try? ???

I am finding exactly the same problem as Judith, with the same settings!

Default Update

I am working now on fixing the timeout problem in "Add from FreeDB" feature. From lack of any announcements on official FreeDB website, it seems that FreeDB is tanking.

So I am setting up an unofficial FreeDB mirror on one of our servers and it should be be ready to accept connections in next 48 hours.

Please stand by, I will post here instructions on how to reconfigure OrangeCD to work with new server. Thanks for your understanding and infinite patience

Andrei