Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Previous Suggestions

Default Previous Suggestions

Hi Andrei,

Today I entered a disc from a set (Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Runnin' Down A Dream"). The disc was a CD from a 4 disc set (the other 3 discs are DVDs). Anyway, it made me wonder if you are planning to enable DVD reading by OCD.

I have many music DVDs and have thus far held off entering them manually with the hope that you are going to add this feature.

I'm also wondering if you will add icons for other formats like cassette tapes, 8-track, reel to reel, etc.

I know that these have been suggested before. I'm just anxious to know if you plan to add them.

This is in no way a complaint. I think the program is great!

Default Re: Previous Suggestions

After slowly chipping away at entering into OCD, I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have my CDs entered and the greater bulk of my vinyl LPs. I'm working on Country and Miscellaneous with only Classical collection left. Much of this entering is manually.

My next project down the road will be to enter Tapes and DVDs, which brings me to my questions that have been left unanswered. Will there be other icons? Will DVDs at some point in the future work like the CDs do now?

I'm still patiently waiting (9 months) for a reply. Are there any possibilities that icons for tapes and other media will be added? What's the status on automated entries for DVDs? Is anyone besides me interested in these features?

I'm with you as far as the extra icons are concerned!

Thanks for chiming in, Malc. I was beginning to think that nobody else but me had other media in their music collections. I know squat about computer programing, but it seems to me that additional icons should be relatively easy to add.

Reading DVDs, however, is much more complicated I would imagine. But nevertheless, I think it would be a fantastic additional feature to an already great program.

i agree. Any answer forthcoming?

Unfortunately there is no database for music DVDs so I don't think OrangeCD will get DVD reading ability any time soon.

The only way to add DVDs is by manual input. Then you can change "part title" field to "DVD" or "Bonus DVD" so you know what it is by looking at album display.

Andrei

Here's the sample:

Thanks for the reply about the DVD reading, Andrei. I was somewhat disappointed that this feature won't be incorporated anytime soon.

How about the additional icons for tapes, etc.?

Default other icons for OCD

Andrei:

Can you add a few icons (like the ones for CDs, DVDs, and Vinyl, etc.) for other media like cassette and 8-track tapes or "other"? I have inquired several times about this, but never seem to get an answer.

-Tony