Thread: Box Set within a Box Set

Default Box Set within a Box Set

I would like to suggest a new feature (if it can be done)!!!

I have the Grateful Dead's The Golden Road 12CD Box Set. It consists of 8 single CDs and 2 double CDs -- Birth of the Dead and Europe 72.

Will it be possible to update the Boxset feature so that OrangeCd makes Birth of the Dead / Europe 72 (double CDs) two boxsets within the box set.

I have no idea about programming and I assume that this is a request for a complicted feature.

However if it is possible -- it may be considered for a future release.

Joe

Default Re: Box Set within a Box Set

Yes I have the same problem:
    I have 45 Dual boxes (90 CD's) of Bach Cantatas that I would rather show under 1 main box set.

Hi Andrei,

I going through my previous suggestions!!

Any news about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Joebugs View Post
    I would like to suggest a new feature (if it can be done)!!!

I have the Grateful Dead's The Golden Road 12CD Box Set. It consists of 8 single CDs and 2 double CDs -- Birth of the Dead and Europe 72.

Will it be possible to update the Boxset feature so that OrangeCd makes Birth of the Dead / Europe 72 (double CDs) two boxsets within the box set.

I have no idea about programming and I assume that this is a request for a complicted feature.

However if it is possible -- it may be considered for a future release.

Joe
    Just a reminder of features I suggested along the years. Is this on the wish list?

Joe,

Can you simulate this feature by renaming individual items in the set, e.g. Set1-CD1, Set1-CD2, Set2-CD1, or something similar? I understand the need for this feature, but in my experience it is pretty rare, while requires significant engineering changes in the application.

Andrei

Quote Originally Posted by andrei_c View Post
    Joe,

Can you simulate this feature by renaming individual items in the set, e.g. Set1-CD1, Set1-CD2, Set2-CD1, or something similar? I understand the need for this feature, but in my experience it is pretty rare, while requires significant engineering changes in the application.

Andrei
    I did rename individual items
    Example:
    CD8 - American Beauty
    CD9 - Grateful Dead
    CD10 - Europe '72 - Disc 1
    CD11 - Europe '72 - Disc 2
    CD12 - History Of The Grateful Dead

What would be nice if it is possible would be that CD10 and CD11 would be grouped as a box set.

Quote Originally Posted by andrei_c View Post
    Joe,

Andrei
    With the increasing number of sets available, which often have box's within boxs, there is a need for this. Also the use of different album covers for each CD within the box would be good.

Karl

I'm completely agree, in this beautiful program the box set process is the only one that need new life.