Thread: Last few minor OCD bugs and some requests

Default Last few minor OCD bugs and some requests

Hi Andrei,
    there's a list of strange behaviours and some request, remembering that the important thing for me is hoping you'll fix the last MultiVolume bug (see topic 'The Last MultiVolume BUG (Credits section)'), the following items are only suggestions.

(1) START PAGE BUG
    ------------------
    In START PAGE there seems to be a bug, or I'm missing something:
    in a JavaScript function, inside a loop as below, if I try to display the album title I get an error, if I use all the other fields related instead of it, they are ok, why that happens?

function CustomStatistics(isHOME, StatsTitle, StatsType) {
    document.write('<dax:group(artist)>')
    document.write(' <dax:album(all,artist,title)>')
    document.write (' <dax:artistlink><dax:artist/></dax:artistlink>') <!-- OK -->
    document.write(' <dax:albumpagelink><dax:title/></dax:albumpagelink>') <!-- I got an ERROR!!! -->
    document.write(' <br>')
    document.write(' </dax:album>')
    document.write('</dax:group>')

}

another curious thing is that I use a thing like this
    document.write('<dax:albumpagelink>BlaBla</dax:albumpagelink>')

instead of
    document.write('<dax:albumpagelink><dax:title/></dax:albumpagelink>')

I get no error and if I click on 'BlaBla' the link to the album's page works perfectly (?!)

(2) TEXTBOXES PER-TRACK BUGS
    ----------------------------
    In beta 3, TextBoxes 6 to 8 if checked per-track setting, they didn't work, as their values will not be saved: in the official v6 it seems that only textbox 8 still doesn't work per track.

(3) CTRL+F BUG IN DAXEDIT
    -------------------------
    In DAXEDIT, if I use CTRL+F it select a word plus the next character.
    Also if I use CTRL+F on a word shorter than the previous selected, the textbox will be filled with a mix of the shorter word, then the rest of the previous, or something like that, but the result is always that I have to copy and paste or digit the word to search in the textbox.

... and the request for (far?) future releases

(A) CD MATRIX FIELD
    -------------------
    There's a thing missing in the item's Properties Window:
    inside the frame 'Release information' it's missing, for a complete cd archiving, the field 'CD Matrix', lts behaviour should be like the Barcode field.

The CD Matrix is an id code printed in the inner circle of the cd and identifies it apart from the CD Number printed on it, I know that now you released a beta with a lot of custom fields, but it should be nice to have it as an OCD field, because if I use a textbox, when I input the ID, OCD retrieves all the ID available in the database, and this is unnecessary as it is often unique.

(B) "ISBAND" FLAG
    -----------------
    It seems that the flag 'isband' works only in the Artist Page and not in the Album Page, so if I use <dax:if(isband)> in the Album Page, it returns always false, but it could be useful also in this page.

(C) CUSTOMIZABLE ICONS
    ----------------------
    For a real audio collector, this product could be perfect if user could add his own custom media icons like audio tapes, etc. (or simply to replace OCD standards icons) and link them to the specified format field like 'TAPE', 'E-CD' for enhanced cd, 'BSET' for Box set etc... like you did for the vinyl icon.

(D) CUSTOM STATISTICS IN STATISTICS PAGE
    ----------------------------------------
    Reading other topics, I discovered you will restyle the Statistic Page, so it would be nice if, in DAXEDIT, the STATISTICS page should allow to use all the sections, tags, etc. like START PAGE does, so everyone could add his own statistics in JavaScript (while at the moment the only way I found is to use the START PAGE with a subsection at the bottom of it, with a dynamic custom statitstic table changing contents related to different types of selections; that's why I found the (1) bug).
    It came out pretty well, but when I'll move my entire collection I think it'll slow down the loading of the start page, moving all this in the statistic page would be better (I know it would be heavy... but who knows..).

... that's all!!!!

Huh! I forgot to tell that OCD v6.1.7 is great, and if I'm writing to you lots of things and topics is because I'm liking very much your OCD engine customizable with JavaScript.

Thanks Andrei... and cheers!
    Emanuele

Default Re: Last few minor OCD bugs and some requests

Hello Gagliem,
    I have the same problem and a posting for the "Isband" tag. Fixing this will probably solve my problem also. Thanks for explaining it better. Take care ...

Melvin

-----------------
    It seems that the flag 'isband' works only in the Artist Page and not in the Album Page, so if I use <dax:if(isband)> in the Album Page, it returns always false, but it could be useful also in this page.

[quote=Gagliem]
    (1) START PAGE BUG
    ------------------
    In START PAGE there seems to be a bug, or I'm missing something:
    in a JavaScript function, inside a loop as below, if I try to display the album title I get an error, if I use all the other fields related instead of it, they are ok, why that happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Gagliem
    I can't reproduce it in current build 6.1.7. All fields seem to work fine in per-track mode. Is there anything specific to your database or data that I need to know?

(3) CTRL+F BUG IN DAXEDIT
    Fixed in upcoming version 6.1.8.

(A) CD MATRIX FIELD
    I'll check what I can do. Thanks for suggestion.

(B) "ISBAND" FLAG
    This is expected. This tag only works in artist context, i.e. in artist info page. Album page is not an artist context because it references at least two "artists" (count also composer field), and with upcoming changes for multiple artists it will be even more confusing.

Can you tell more about what you're trying to achieve with this tag? I can recommend alternative approach.

(C) CUSTOMIZABLE ICONS
    No promises about this, but I've tried to add this feature several times over last few years and it never worked for various reasons. I guess it's time for one more attempt.

(D) CUSTOM STATISTICS IN STATISTICS PAGE
    You said it, entire statistics are going under serious re-write, and I try to make them very flexible. Have a little patience, there will be release with new statistics soon, then we'll work incrementally from there

Andrei

Hi Andrei!
    Thanks for the reply, you've been exhaustive enough, then I'm posting the considerations only about points (1) and (2):

(1) START PAGE BUG
    your explaination was perfect, there's only a little problem using JS functions in title value assignment, but... DON'T WORRY... ... it was solved easily always with a JS workaround, so I'll not bother you with that!!! :P

...to reproduce the textbox8 bug you should not insert a value from the "Record Properties" window, but directly selecting a track and insert the value in the textbox8 in the "Track Properties" window.
    To easily check the bug you could insert from the "Record Properties" window the value "Test8", so all the tracks will have TextBox8 filled with this value; then choose a track and in the properties window change the value, then press ok.
    When you'll go back again to that track's properties window, you'll see the value is still "Test8".

That's all ;D
    Cheers
    Emanuele

Hi Andrei,
    with OCD 6.1.8 items (2) and (3) are finally OK, so the last thing I hope you'll think about is the MATRIX field (like the new quantity field, is great if someone has a music shop...) ... uh please don't forget my other topic about "The Last MultiVolume BUG (Credits section) " , did you receive my mail with the example DB and DAX?

Improving OCD with this last two things, for me it will be close to perfection!!! ;D

Cheers
    Emanuele