Thread: To Vista, or not the Vista, that is the question..

Default To Vista, or not the Vista, that is the question..

My main PC finally gave up the ghost last weekend after 5 years of service, so I have been given permission from the Finance Director of Mole Ltd. to build a new one.

One of the (many) questions I must consider is whether to dump XP Pro for Vista Ultimate. Generally, there seems to be a lot of negative feeling towards Vista at the moment, but my question for this forum is limited to "Are there any compatability issues with running OCD under Vista?".

Default Re: To Vista, or not the Vista, that is the questi

Hi

I've been using Vista Ultimate for about five months. No problems with OrangeCD. It works perfectly. I really had no serious problems with Vista since upgrading from Windows XP Pro. I have a Dell XPS 600 Dual Core Pentium D SLI with two NVidia GeForce 7800GTX.

Hi Mole,

I to have been runing Vista Ulimate x64 for several months now without any major problems.

Hi Mole

I have been running OCD under Vista for a while. Have one issue that I'm hoping may be resolved at some time. The standard path names are different under Vista. So c:\user\whatever\My Music becomes c:\whatever\Music.

I just copied existing files & directory structure onto new PC under the Music directory. Trouble is OCD can't locate the media files because of the different path name. I don't believe there is any way to bulk update all CDs with the new path name in OCD. Becomes a bit impractical to individually relocate 1,000+ CD's. Had to resort to crappy old iTunes for now.

I don't suppose someone knows a workaround for this problem? Would be fantastic if someone does.

Anyway, might be worth thinking about when you transfer your files onto the new PC, hopefully you can avoid the problem in the first place!

cheers