Thread: Title listings within Boxed Sets in a Table View

Default Title listings within Boxed Sets in a Table View

Currently, if I do a Table View that has a Boxed Set, the titles that show up for the 'Parts' within the Boxed Set carry the same title as the Boxed Set, but with the Part # added. E.g., if a 3 disk Boxed Set has the Title 'XXX', it shows up in the table view as 'XXX' for the set itself, but as 'XXX [1/3]' for the first disk of the set, and so forth. I think it would be helpful if, in addition to the Part #, the Part Title could also be added. For example, if the second disk of the 3 disk boxed set of opera XXX is for Act II of that opera, it would show up in the Table view as 'XXX [2/3, Act II]', where 'Act II' is the Part Title. Or maybe 'XXX [2/3] Act II'. Or maybe 'XXX Act II [2/3]'. Or some such. If there is no part title, it would display as it does now....

Anyone else have a similar need?

Thnx.

Default Re: Title listings within Boxed Sets in a Table Vi

That's a good idea.

Metallica's Garage Inc., Queensryche's Live Evolution also contains parts

Default Re: Title listings within Boxed Sets in a Table Vi

An extension of this would be to append the Part # (and Part Title, if possible) to the display of the Title in the Track View. That way one could tell in the track view, for a Boxed set where each album title is the same, on which disk which track 'n' is. Right now, if I have a 4 album boxed set, I see 4 different track 2's, and have to code the track title to also tell me which disk that particular track is to be found on.

Or else surface the Part # field as one of the possibilities to display as a column when looking at the Track View.

Thanks. Bill