Thread: How to make "isband" work?

Default How to make "isband" work?

Hello All!
    I wish to print (beside the artist picture and after the entry "stereo or mono" the date born (if a person) or the date formed (if a band). Underneath that, I wish to display "date died" (if a person) or date disbanded (if a band)! I can't get the code to determine if I'm dealing with a band or a person. This is what I have so far:

<!-- ====================== Show Birth and Death ====================== -->

</dax:if>
    <dax:if(dateformed)>
    <p><span class="proplabel"><dax:if(isband)>Formed<dax:else> Born</dax:if></span>:
    <span class="propvalue"><dax:dateformed/></span></p>
    <dax:if(datedisbanded)>
    <p><span class="proplabel"><dax:if(isband)>Disbanded<dax:el se>Died</dax:if></span>:
    <span class="propvalue"><dax:datedisbanded/></span></p>

<!-- ================================================== ================ -->

Please help ... Thanks!
    Melvin

Default Re: How to make "isband" work?

Hi Melvin,

I copied and pasted your code in my theme and it seems to work correctly after 2 tiny changes:

1) First </dax:if> is misplaced, it has no corresponding <dax:if>. I removed it.

2) There's a space inside <dax:else>, I guess it's just a forum posting artefact.

What is the problem that you see with this code? I can help, but first I must know what the problem is!

Andrei

Default Re: How to make "isband" work?

Andrei,
    Thanks for attempting to assist me. On the left side of the artist's photo, I have the following for an individual artists:

Category: Jazz
    Format: Album
    Date: 1975
    Genre: Jazz
    Live/studio: studio
    Audio: stereo
    Born: 9/15/1928
    Died: 8/8/1975

If the group is a band, I want the label to display the last two lines as following:

Formed: 9/15/1928
    Disbanded: 8/8/1975

I pickup the dates from the "Artist Profile Page" but I just can't get the code to switch its output between "Person" or "Band." I hope this helps. Thanks again ...