Thread: sorting, exports and thumbnails

Question sorting, exports and thumbnails

Hello everybody!

I have a few questions that I couldn't find any answer for yet ...

1) Is there a way to (globally) change the default sorting behavior of Orange CD to sort artists strictly alphabetically (in both the "Entire Collection" view as well as in exports)? In other words: Whenever an artist is called "the ..." or "a ..." I want them to be found under "t" and "a" and not under the letter that the second word starts with ...

2) Which value does return the accurate number of albums (either for the entire collection or any partial selection) and not the number of discs that dax:totalvolumes obviously returns?

3) I would really like to have a "default thumbnail" with a user definable path for every album that would be added to the collection without one otherwise. I'm afraid this would need some programming, but maybe it sounds interesting enough to be considered for a future release.

Thanks in advance,
    -pn

Quote Originally Posted by Paternoster View Post
    1) Is there a way to (globally) change the default sorting behavior of Orange CD to sort artists strictly alphabetically (in both the "Entire Collection" view as well as in exports)? In other words: Whenever an artist is called "the ..." or "a ..." I want them to be found under "t" and "a" and not under the letter that the second word starts with ...
    Go to menu View -> Preferences. Switch to Database tab. In custom lists box, double-click "Ignorable words". Remove all items from the list and press OK. Then press OK again in main dialog box.

2) Which value does return the accurate number of albums (either for the entire collection or any partial selection) and not the number of discs that dax:totalvolumes obviously returns?
    There is no macro variable for this. It is available for entire collection in OrangeCD Catalog user interface though, under menu Database -> Grand Total.

3) I would really like to have a "default thumbnail" with a user definable path for every album that would be added to the collection without one otherwise. I'm afraid this would need some programming, but maybe it sounds interesting enough to be considered for a future release.
    Currently, custom thumbnails are not supported and there are no plans for it in future.

Andrei