Thread: In collection

Default In collection

Hi,

I've no idea if this has been suggest before (or if there's already a way to do it), but here is a feature that I'd like to see:

I have several databases that I use for different purposes, a couple I use as more general discographies rather than for albums that I actually have, in order for me to be able to keep up with items that I'm looking for.

I would like to be able to have a function where albums that are in my collection can be highlighted somehow in the tree view (maybe by having them listed in bold, or in a different colour, or maybe just a dot next to them), so that I can easily differentiate between what I do and don't have.

This would be such a useful feature for me, any chance of getting it?

Many thanks

David

Default Re: In collection

I've just thought, that it'd be useful to be able to see this in the "Recently added albums" section of the start page.

David

David. There is an "In Collection" tick box at the bottom of the GENERAL tab of each record's property sheet. Tick it! Then, when you select the 'Browse by Entire Collection' option in the content tree, and see all your albums in the right-hand List View pane, you can identify which albums are in your collection. To do this you must, of course, ensure that you have "In Collection" inserted as one of your columns!

Hey Blowers,

Thanks for that, but I do already use the "in collection" checkbox, while that is useful for the entire collection view, that only works on the right hand panel.

What I am requesting is a function to have the "in collection" items highlighted in the left hand panel (ie the tree view). And having said that, it'd also be useful to be able to have the "in colection" items highlighted in the right hand panel, when viewing the thumbnails view (artist and title in bold for example). Neither should be that difficult to implement.

Cheers,

David