Thread: Find and Replace

Default Find and Replace

Could it be possible for the future to make something as a 'Find and Replace' tool? (Like in Word)
    For instance: I collect Beethoven piano sonatas, if I scan the files on my HD, they sometimes are called Sonata, or Piano Sonata, or Klaviersonate. But I want them all named in the same way, for instance Klaviersonate, because than I can easily sort them. It also happens with the number of the sonatas, Nr. No. N-. etc. Now I am changing everything by hand, but I think I need to come back after death to finish this project... ;D
    But it could maybe also useful for non Sonata collectors... ;-)
    Or maybe there is a trick I did not discovered yet as newbe...

Thanks in Advance.

Default Re: Find and Replace

Since I am also a classical music fanatic, I fully agree, it would be nice to have that command.
    Andrei can you do something about this please ???

Default Re: Find and Replace

Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    Could it be possible for the future to make something as a 'Find and Replace' tool? (Like in Word)
    For instance: I collect Beethoven piano sonatas, if I scan the files on my HD, they sometimes are called Sonata, or Piano Sonata, or Klaviersonate. But I want them all named in the same way, for instance Klaviersonate, because than I can easily sort them. It also happens with the number of the sonatas, Nr. No. N-. etc. Now I am changing everything by hand, but I think I need to come back after death to finish this project... ;D
    But it could maybe also useful for non Sonata collectors... ;-)
    Or maybe there is a trick I did not discovered yet as newbe...
    I am happy to take a look, but can you give some more examples of what substrings you are changing, and, more importantly, into what?
    There's a very powerful concept called regular expressions that's easy to build into software, and it would easily handle all these kind of issues, but it has steep learning curve and is way too powerful for average OrangeCD user... I really need to come up with some simpler approach, that's why I need more examples.

Andrei

Default Find and replace

Hi,
    A lot of my performer entries are in first and second name format, for example, Phil Collins. I would like to replace them all at once with Collin, Phil. Is that possible?
    Thanks

Lightbulb Find and Replace

Andrei,

to give this a direction:

select your items in "Table View" or "Tracks View" and perform a "find and replace"

emdiear