Thread: Artist Profiles, filled in or not?

Default Artist Profiles, filled in or not?

Love the program, but have a question, maybe somebody knows the answer...

I use the Artist Profile tab a lot. Is there a way to see if there is already information in it?
    I like to see which Artists has extra information (Biography, Picture) and which not, so I can work on the ones who has no information yet.
    Is there a way to sort them this way?
    Maybe with a query? Or (even better) to give the folder another colour, when you sort on Artist in the left pane, so it's easier to see...?

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Artist Profiles, filled in or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    I use the Artist Profile tab a lot. Is there a way to see if there is already information in it?
    I like to see which Artists has extra information (Biography, Picture) and which not, so I can work on the ones who has no information yet.
    Is there a way to sort them this way?
    Maybe with a query? Or (even better) to give the folder another colour, when you sort on Artist in the left pane, so it's easier to see...?
    Artist Manager is one of improvements planned for next generation of OrangeCD. The work has already started.

But in current version you have to manually click through all the artist folders.

The way I cover this at the moment is to utilise 'Web Links'. Go to the 'Click to add links' link. In the box that appears, call your link, say, 'Profile complete', 'Partial profile' or 'No profile'. Type any single word in the URL box (doesn't matter what - it's just that OCD demands that something be entered here). Then, when you look at any album by that artist, the profile status will appear as a web link!

I know it involves one sweep through all artists to identify - initially - those profiles you have done, but if you subsequently fill this field in as you complete a new profile, you can tell at a glance which profiles have been done, and to what degree of completion.

A workaround at best, but I hope it helps.....

Andrei,

Thank you for working on the Artist Manager.

You have an excellent product in OrangeCD, I am currently comparing the three major contenders for Audio Cataloging (in my opinion OrangeCD, Helium and Melomania are all worthy).

My strong inclination is to OrangeCD for it's flexibility and easy of use of managing both CD's and Audio Files and providing album info automatically. The other two programs (particularly Helium) is better on the Artist side.

Your program would be a slam dunk if it provided some of the automation (image, data from internet) for artists.