Thread: How do I sort by year?

Default How do I sort by year?

Check out this screen shot first: [url]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2824/untitled2ll2.jpg[/url] I use "Artist (no compilations)" and "year - title", but how do I sort by year instead of title in the tree view?

Default Re: How do I sort by year?

Go to 'Custom Sort' (view entire collection, left-click menu/Sort/Custom) and then add these fields to the right-hand column:

A->Z Artist sort
    A->Z Year
    A->Z Title

Click OK.

Now the collection will sort properly as you want it to.

Oh yeah, sorry, for the tree view/browser part, click on the 'Browse by' drop-down arrow. Scroll to the bottom, and choose 'More views...'.

Click the Drop-down presets tab and then choose the 'new' button'.

Add 'Artist' to the right-hand column first, and then tick the 'no tracks' check box.

Then add 'Year'

Save the preset with a description. Now you will be able to choose the 'Artist (no compilations)+Year' Browse by preset to sort by year.

HTH

Ah yes, I was kinda hoping I could sort by year without having the year show as a folder - but its better than before

My solution is to place the year in front of the Title ie 2001 Record Title and 2003 Another Title which obviously puts them chronologically

Thanks POC - I registered just to find the answer to this sort query and your reply got me exactly what I wanted. Why I hadn't found the custom sort facility before I do not know.

But thanks!!

Samantha