Thread: How come there is no search field for bitrate?

Default How come there is no search field for bitrate?

Hi...

I wanted to bring up all of my MP3 albums that have a bitrate of 128 to start upgrading them, but in the search field drop down the bitrate field doesn't appear. Even on the advanced search.

I can use the bitrate field when modifing the templates so I know it exists.

Can this be added?

I would also like the bitrate field to be added to the MyGenres data that gets uploaded. I want to be able to select it as one of my columns.

Thanks

Fred

Default Re: How come there is no serach field for bitrate?

Quote Originally Posted by frederf
    I wanted to bring up all of my MP3 albums that have a bitrate of 128 to start upgrading them, but in the search field drop down the bitrate field doesn't appear. Even on the advanced search.
    There's a workaround for this: add Bitrate column to the list view and sort by that column. You'll get a list of your albums arranged by bitrate making it easy to find the bitrates you need.

I'll look into adding bitrate to the list of searchable fields. Thanks for reminder.

I would also like the bitrate field to be added to the MyGenres data that gets uploaded. I want to be able to select it as one of my columns.
    Unfortunately it's low priority item so it probably won't be added to MyGenres.com any time soon.

Andrei

Thanks for the reply...

And yea the column sort thing works out Ok for me.

Now is there a way for me to copy the bitrate field to one that is uploaded to MyGenres?

Thanks

Bob

So why isn't the bitrate field availabe in any of the field select drop downs?

I can't select it to copy it to another field. I can't select it as a sort field either.

Fred