Thread: OCD 6.15 Build 1132 bugs

Default OCD 6.15 Build 1132 bugs

I've been using this build (6.15 Build 1132) of OCD for a while now, well since it was released, and I have been scanning media files on my hard disk. Simply put, I rip a CD to MP3, and then scan the folder with OCD. I'm currently ripped about 400 CDs so far, and everything is absolutely fine except for two annoying problems:

1. More often than not, when I scan the ripped CD with OCD one of the track names is named using the filename instead of the ID3 tag. This is very annoying indeed, as I have to visually check every scan and edit the track that is incorrectly read. Everything else on my PC that reads the tags (like WinAMP for example, and MP3Tag) recognises the tag in the MP3 except OCD. I've no idea why OCD is missing one track on each CD rip.

2. Changing the default view to custom and choosing to sort by Artist+Year doesn't always 'hold'. I have to regularly reset it. I mean that OCD seems to loose the custom setting so I have to select my custom settings again.

I sort by Artist and Year so I can see the album covers in chronological order for each artist, and when viewing the whole collection.

Thanks

Simon

Default Re: OCD 6.15 Build 1132 bugs

hi
    I've had similar problems in the past and came up with the following:
    0. Orangecd is a little picky with mp3 tag information
    1. Try to avoid using unicode settings in the tag
    2. Use both ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags
    3. If possible use IDv2.3 instead of 2.4
    4. There may be some "bad" data in your mp3. What software are you using for ripping and tagging ? .
    Try checking for "bad" data with EncSpot [url]www.guerillasoft.co.uk/encspot/[/url]
    5. Uncheck option "Get info from file and directory names" while importing to orangecd

Hello,

I am pretty confident that bad data isn't the issue here. I've already checked the MP3s with encspot pro, and they are all good rips, and the tags are all good. My hardware (car MP3 player and portable MP3 player) read the MP3s, as does my software.

I've been using the same setup for ripping MP3s for years:

Exact Audio Copy (Secure Mode) + LAME + Accurate Rip

I always use both ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags, and the v2 tags are
    IDv2.3 with a padding of 4kb. I don't use v2.4 tags.

I think you're nearer the mark with number 5. actually. Because when I rescan and uncheck *both* "Get info from ID1/1.1 tags AND "Get info from file and directory names" the tracks are correctly read from the tags and are corrected. Seems like OCD is tripping over itself and some point.

What I need to do now, is to be able to have those choices above unchecked by default, so I don't have to manually uncheck them for every album.

Great!!
    Those are the settings i'm using too and everything works fine almost always , except some times where orangecd does not reads track lenght.
    And when that happens (only for mp3's that i've downloaded and not ripped myself) i try re-encoding my files and all is well.

As far as default settings , I'm almost sure that orangecd remembers the last settings used while importing because i always
    see those 2 settings unchecked when pressing the import button.

Yes, the unchecked buttons are now being remembered. :-)

Also, the track length problem can be resolved much quicker and easier than you think. If I get a track length problem after a rip, I simply open up the folder of offending mp3s with the freeware MP3tag, select all the mp3s, and hit the save button. MP3tag rewrites the tags to the mp3s in a flash. Then, in OCD, a quick rescan of the album/tracks will fix the problem.