Thread: Update Problem

Default Update Problem

Hi all

Not sure if this is a bug or was intend to work this way.

So i have an mp 3 album with fixed tags and i added lyrics to 1 of the songs, not via orangecd but direct to mp3.

I scaned again the disk with the curent album and i checked the "update albums already in database", i waited orangcd to update the mp3 album already in database and to add the lyrics to the song, but insted of that orange cd added an exactly same album like my first one with the addition that the 1 song had the lyrics.

Is this corect ??? cause i wanted to just update the album already in database, and not add a new one

Thanks in advance for any help

P.S Sorry for my bad english

Default Re: Update Problem

Hi Scorpio,

This does not sound correct. I think this issue may be fixed in 6.1.5. To prevent duplication of albums in database, use right-click - Rescan menu command instead of Add Media Files. The Rescan command will make sure no duplicate album is created.

"Add Media Files" in OrangeCD prior to 6.1.5 had a tendency to duplicate albums after significant changes in MP3 tags (like when you added big chunk of data to ID3 or re-encoded the album with different bitrate.) To prevent this behavior, version 6.1.5 creates a hidden file in mp3 folder (orangecd.ini) which stores few bits of info about how the album is represented in the database.

Andrei

Thanks for the reply i did rescan as u said but.... something strange even if i rescan the album and i get the update when i scan disk again for new albums the updated album shows up again 2 times in database......even when it is the same album this time caus eof update.......strange....

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio
    Hi all

Not sure if this is a bug or was intend to work this way.

So i have an mp 3 album with fixed tags and i added lyrics to 1 of the songs, not via orangecd but direct to mp3.

I scaned again the disk with the curent album and i checked the "update albums already in database", i waited orangcd to update the mp3 album already in database and to add the lyrics to the song, but insted of that orange cd added an exactly same album like my first one with the addition that the 1 song had the lyrics.

Is this corect ??? cause i wanted to just update the album already in database, and not add a new one

Thanks in advance for any help

P.S Sorry for my bad english
    Hi Andrei,

Not sure if this is the same problem, but I've just spotted a situation where - in track list view - I see tracks duplicated for one particular album. Only noticed this one case so far. The album itself does not appear to be duplicated, as far as I can see, and if I delete a duplicate, BOTH tracks disappear!! Will let you know if this happens again. Using 'rescan' did not sort this out. This is with the latest release, BTW.