Thread: Custom Fields

Default Custom Fields

Hi,

I need some help on the custom fields, I have successfully set up text boxes for some of the additional information that I want to appear on the album page.

However, I also want to set up checkboxes as well. I followed the same procedure as for text boxes, but I can't get them to appear on the album page. What am I doing wrong?

Regards

David

Default Re: Custom Fields

Hi David,

There are few possible explanations.

You may run out of space on Custom page 1. If it's filled from top to bottom, try removing checkboxes from it and adding them to Custom page 2 instead. (Select Custom page 2 from drop-down on top.)

Also, make sure to check "Show this page in album properties box" to enable every custom page you are using. Remember, there are 4 custom pages, and you can use all of them, but by default only the page 1 is displayed. You need to manually enable pages 2-4 if you need them.

Andrei

Well, I've tried that Andrei, and no joy. The text boxes show up whichever tab I put them on, but I still can't get a single check box to work! Could it be a glitch in OrangeCD?

David

Hi David,

It's possible. I would like to confirm few things before I start looking for bug in OrangeCD.

1. After you click Add->Checkbox->Checkbox N, it appears in the "Fields displayed on the page" list and gets disabled in Add menu. Correct?

2. When you look at the actual custom page, you don't see checkboxes on it, but the text boxes look OK.

3. What operating system are you on? Is there anything special feature or software that you use to change display look - like third-party XP or Vista theme?

Also, if you could send me a screenshots of the Custom Fields dialog and the actual custom page with corresponding fields, I'd appreciate it. The address is [email]orangecd@firetongue.com[/email].(What I want to see specifically is how the custom page laid out - is there a space reserved for checkboxes or if there are any anomalies.)

Andrei

Hi Andre,

Sorry for the delay in replying to you on this.

The answers to your questions are as follows:

1. After you click Add->Checkbox->Checkbox N, it appears in the "Fields displayed on the page" list and gets disabled in Add menu. Correct?

Yes to both of these points, as far as I can see the checkboxes are created correctly

2. When you look at the actual custom page, you don't see checkboxes on it, but the text boxes look OK.

Exactly, no checkboxes appear, but the textboxes I created are all displayed correctly.

3. What operating system are you on? Is there anything special feature or software that you use to change display look - like third-party XP or Vista theme?

I use Windows XP Home Edition, service pack 2 on Pentium 4 based machine. I use the default Windows XP theme, and have no software that would interfere with the display look.

Hope that helps further, I've taken some screenshots and have sent them separately to the address you provided.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Regards,

David

Hi Andre,

Just wanting to check that you got everything that you needed, and wondering if you've had chance to look into this and have any ideas.

Regards

David