Thread: Deletions keep popping up

Default Deletions keep popping up

I deleted a number of files both from Orange CD and from my computer. When I rescan my files the deleted files showed up under various artist and in a folder called S-1-5-21-1614895754-1220945662-725345543-1004

I go to the source but I can't delete the folder. The folder has mp3 files with names such as Dm102.mp3, Dm103.mp3, etc.

Any suggestions?

Skip

Default Re: Deletions keep popping up

Don't scan that folder... ;D
    If I'm not mistaken, that's a hidden Recycle Bin folder.
    Have you rebooted?
    That should clear it out.
    Also, it sounds like you're scanning your whole PC.
    Try only scanning where your music files are.
    Hope that helps.

LOL. I figured that is what it was scanning. I add a number of cds to the directory. Then what I do is scan the directory maybe once a week to pick up those new additions.

Another problem I have an encountered when I can the whole directory s the changing of "format" information. I list MP3, CD, CDR, MP3/CD and MP3/CDR just so I know where they albums are located and if I have already burned an album. When I scan a whole directory, it changes the format of everything to MP3.

Any idea how I scan the whole directory without the format information being changed? Scanning the whole directory is a lot easier rather than going to each album folder.

Skip

[quote=704set]Any idea how I scan the whole directory without the format information being changed?